• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Syrinx

There is a lot less strain throwing FB's than tossing things with a sharp break. You snap your elbow a lot less to get the speed.

Plus these guys mechanics likely weren't enforced to be as straining as today's are to get those speeds. Likely they found an idea of what was comfortable to them and just threw.
walterjohnson.gif

Simple and smooth.

zulux21

I don't know if this was posted but
US military, college students eligible for .TV discount

I wonder if the discount will work for gift memberships, likely no but I am not a student to find out.,

in other thoughts, it is crazy that price has given up 8 runs in 2 innings and A. he hasn't been pulled out, and B. he is only at a 3.33 era on the season. just goes to show how crazy good his first few starts were.

I don't know if this was posted but
US military, college students eligible for .TV discount

I wonder if the discount will work for gift memberships, likely no but I am not a student to find out.,

in other thoughts, it is crazy that price has given up 8 runs in 2 innings and A. he hasn't been pulled out, and B. he is only at a 3.33 era on the season. just goes to show how crazy good his first few starts were.

Of course they do a discount a month after I sign up

Tigers. lol.

Also, Mookie "HOF" Betts hitting under .200? Can we get an ESPN segment on why he is struggling?

His BABIP is .100 points lower than what he ran in the minors and last year in the majors. Seems like he's just unlucky at the moment. His line drive rate is down from last year and his infield fly ball rate is up, so he's hitting the ball in the air and softly in the air instead of hard on a line. He's also swinging more often at pitches out of the zone and making less contact than when he does.

There you go, there's your analysis probably better than ESPN would give you.

Wow, the Marlins have scored 6 runs, 4 off errors and 1 off a balk. While going 2 for 12 with runners in scoring position and leaving 8 men on base.

Thanks for being terrible Philadelphia!!!

harSon

Banned
Hurdle is legitimately brain dead or something. His managing of pitchers/bullpen has always been horse shit, but this is just bananas. You're up 4-1 and your relief pitcher puts 3 people on base with 0 outs - what do you do? Stick with him? The fuck.

Top Bottom