• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

So you have to hope you can get your body around in time instead of just being able to make sure you're in position to make the play.

How is that fair to the catcher?

I'd say yea, do might indeed lose the occasional split second of advantage. But I'm sure they asked the catchers before introducing the rule. Like in that mlb.com article, you have quotes by Mesoraco and Castro.

Caja 117

also hola unblocker or unlocator to get around blackouts

Can you point out an example of a Blackout? I know it is when a Especific game is not been shown, but the only example I can think off is when The game is been Broadcasted by ESPN, are there other type of Blackouts?

Can you point out an example of a Blackout? I know it is when a Especific game is not been shown, but the only example I can think off is when The game is been Broadcasted by ESPN, are there other type of Blackouts?

If you are in the local media market for a team (I.E. you live in Boston like me) you can't get those games on a streaming service (at least not a "legal" one) because it's on local cable affiliates.

I thought Tanaka's arm was supposed to explode couple weeks ago?

It's still shredded. No doubt about it. He's not like Ervin Santana where he has some overpowering secondary stuff (splitter of doom) but his arm will give.

Herrera? I've only seen flashes of him.

I still find it incredible that he's only 21.

Short, small, yet has deep ball power and great contact rates. Is 10/12 of his last 12 AB's in the minors. He's ready.

Syrinx

Seriously, why the fuck didn't we trade Murphy this offseason? It was either that or sign him long-term, which would be dumb with Herrera being at the end of the pipeline, and we did neither. Now he's a lame duck ruining his trade value (and his value on the open market, though he's probably too stupid to realize that) with every passing day.

Seriously, why the fuck didn't we trade Murphy this offseason? It was either that or sign him long-term, and we did neither. Now he's a lame duck ruining his trade value (and his value on the open market, though he's probably too stupid to realize that) with every passing day.

Because Sandy can build a great farm team and that's about it.

It's still shredded. No doubt about it. He's not like Ervin Santana where he has some overpowering secondary stuff (splitter of doom) but his arm will give.

Short, small, yet has deep ball power and great contact rates. Is 10/12 of his last 12 AB's in the minors. He's ready.

What overpowering secondary stuff? Please, let's keep the Ervin Santana praise to a minimum.

What overpowering secondary stuff? Please, let's keep the Ervin Santana praise to a minimum.

I was talking about Tanaka having overpowering secondary stuff. Santana relied on his FB more than anything and that's why he's struggled for so long (and only fixed it roided out of his skull last year). Tanaka has good secondary stuff and the best Splitter in the world. His FB frames it and makes it work, but he can work without it better than a guy like Santana could.

Man we are so patient this year.

Kevin Long really is a wizard.

Fuck Murphy.

He's killed every rally. Every. Single. One. This year.

If Herrera isn't in a Mets uniform in 24 hours I will be so furious at Sandy. You can't justify it anymore. Trade him for whatever we can get and lets get the young blood who can hit in there.

Syrinx

He's killed every rally. Every. Single. One. This year.

If Herrera isn't in a Mets uniform in 24 hours I will be so furious at Sandy. You can't justify it anymore. Trade him for whatever we can get and lets get the young blood who can hit in there.

Not to mention being a fucking dog in the field.

Mets lead!

Seeing Colon racing right at ya must be a scary sight.

El Gordo strikes fear into all the hearts of men.

BmCIYEgCQAAQKsi.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Whatever happened to the old adage about not making the third out at third-base? I keep seeing dudes try and test catchers on not-quite-passed balls and then just getting thrown out.

Chris Rock’s Take on Blacks in Baseball: Real Sports (HBO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFFQkQ6Va3A

It's an interesting debate. Not something for Cowherd who doesn't shut up to think so he babbles buzz words.

Obvious factor. The NBA. That is for the most part black America.

The kids of now for sure, also the 90s kids and even the 80s kids have to idea of how marginalized it was.
From 1978–81, no NBA Finals on CBS achieved even a 10 average rating. The ratings were so low that CBS aired NBA Finals games in 1980 and 1981 on tape delay. The 1981 NBA Finals were the then-lowest Nielsen ratings in NBA history.
Monday Night Football on avg at the time was a 20 rating show.

So if you were born before 1970 basketball was a novelty pro sport.

Even up to 1990 the Finals rating dropped to 12.3. MNF was 17.2

The youngest demo viewers of today are the 1st kids to grow up with parents who basketball was relevant to.

Another thing to debate is the product itself. The big media outlets and people with connections to the NBA or NFL audience don't want to point out the obvious 'keep it simple stupid' applies well compared to baseball.

Top Bottom