• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

CheezyMac88

tqzGqEg.jpg

Enron

Banned
Rangers to pay 15m of Hamilton's salary. Angels pay the rest. No players going back to the Angels. I don't like this deal. Fuck you, JD. Hopefully your shitty ass gets the axe after the incoming 90 loss season and hamilton hits .220.

Link

The Autumn Wind
So things are back to normal? For a minute there, I was worried one of the teams I root for was actually good.

Rangers to pay 15m of Hamilton's salary. Angels pay the rest. No players going back to the Angels. I don't like this deal. Fuck you, JD. Hopefully your shitty ass gets the axe after the incoming 90 loss season and hamilton hits .220.
So the Angels got a little over 3 fWAR in two seasons from Hamilton and will end up paying him about $110M. :lol Arte Moreno

So things are back to normal? For a minute there, I was worried one of the teams I root for was actually good.

I'm not even worried.

deGrom was due for a bad one, the wind is ripping, Yankee stadium.

We still win Harvey day.

It's a bad game, it happens, every team has one.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Ken RosenthalVerified account
‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Another factor in the Hamilton equation is that there is no state income in Texas. That element is part of the financial mix.
This must be upsetting to you, Enron.

rando14

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources say Rangers will NOT send any players to #Angels and take on LESS than $15M. Hamilton will relinquish some money; amount not known.

Less than $5 mil/yr for Josh Hamilton? That sounds good as fuck

Enron

Banned
Dude come on, this is a clear win for you guys. I get it, you're pissed because he bad mouthed the ORG on the way out but this is a win here.

How is this a clear win? Josh Hamilton is toast, and that was BEFORE trying to repair his AC joint in the offseason. 5 million per year is about 4.7 million per year MORE than what his garbage ass is worth.

Enron

Banned
UPDATE -- Ken Rosenthal just issued a series of tweets saying that the Rangers aren't sending any players, and would be paying less than $15M of Hamilton's deal, but that Hamilton is going to be giving up some money as part of this deal, as well. Rosenthal says it is "complex" and "volatile" and could still fall apart.

Hopefully it will. any amount of money is too much for Hamilton, quite honestly.

Top Bottom