• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Well Indians, time to give me an answer for what this season has in store. Got a series against the Tigers and Royals b2b. Either you fuck em both up and fight for those postseason spots or you get crushed and I will have hundreds of hours of extra free time throughout Summer.

*reading Tragicomedy's response*

As a neutral observer (inasmuch as anyone can be neutral when the Patriots are playing), my heart aches for you. I felt more deflated than a Tom Brady football.

Well Indians, time to give me an answer for what this season has in store. Got a series against the Tigers and Royals b2b. Either you fuck em both up and fight for those postseason spots or you get crushed and I will have hundreds of hours of extra free time throughout Summer.

I was thinking about that last night. At this point, I'd give you almost even odds for some sort of extracurricular garbage going down in that second series. Other than your cartoonishly racist logo, I have love for the Indians (and Cleveland sports in general). I don't follow them that closely, but aren't you dealing with several key injuries?

graffix13

The defense is such a pleasure to watch. Last season, we had 4 of the top 20 guys in the league in terms of defensive WAR. That's...wild. Even more crazy is that Lorenzo Cain, arguably the best defensive center fielder in the game, is probably not even the best center fielder on our team. I know that doesn't even make sense, but it's true. When the team would replace Aoki late in games last year, there was a reason they'd put Dyson at center and shift Cain over to right. Dyson doesn't hit remotely as well as Cain, so his opportunities are few and far between, but he is a defensive god.

For the record, Cain not getting a Gold Glove last year was ludicrous. Ludicrous. BUT, in a twisted way, it sort of makes sense when there is a better defensive option riding the bench on the same team.

Love Cain and I love Dyson but I'd still pick Cain over Dyson in CF. It's a good problem to have though. I'd say Cain is the best CF we've ever had here....even better than Willie Wilson. A few weeks ago Nate Bukaty (810) was saying that Cain was better than Torii Hunter in his prime.

Eaton commented on the incident:

Article

Wow, great response by Eaton. Very classy. Shame Lawrie didn't handle it the same way.

I support my Royals, but honestly I can't blame other AL teams for exploiting this weakness (if you want to call it that). I mean, why wouldn't you? We need to learn to ignore the goading the other teams will do to try and get us off our game. However, the hit batters thing has to stop and we should respond accordingly.

As a neutral observer (inasmuch as anyone can be neutral when the Patriots are playing), my heart aches for you. I felt more deflated than a Tom Brady football.

I was thinking about that last night. At this point, I'd give you almost even odds for some sort of extracurricular garbage going down in that second series. Other than your cartoonishly racist logo, I have love for the Indians (and Cleveland sports in general). I don't follow them that closely, but aren't you dealing with several key injuries?

I wouldn't say several Key injuries. The big one is our Catcher Yan Gomes who'll probably be out for a month or 2. Our number 4/5 guy in the rotation Gavin Floyd got injured for the season during Spring and Swisher should be back before too long but he's shit.

BFIB

I just found out I get to meet Matt Adams, Matt Carpenter, and Matt Holliday next month at a work event.

I'm going to bring this thread up to Adams and ask if he's following Michelle Obama's guideplan to success.

And ask him how he got so fat. Even though I'm a little smaller than him.

kris.

Banned
Hey, bud.

CDVNMSvVAAAh_hv.jpg:large

aFIGurANT

I just found out I get to meet Matt Adams, Matt Carpenter, and Matt Holliday next month at a work event.

I'm going to bring this thread up to Adams and ask if he's following Michelle Obama's guideplan to success.

And ask him how he got so fat. Even though I'm a little smaller than him.

Damn dude, that's awesome. What kind of an event is it then to have all the Matts in one place? Public service or w/e?

Either way get Carp's number for me, I think I'm in deep over him and his hitting so far this year.

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Sources: Josh Hamilton could be gone from Angels as soon as tonight. Resolution in place. Barring last-minute changes, he's gone.

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick
Source confirms http://SI.com report. Says #Angels are "very close'' to parting ways with Josh Hamilton.

Malvingt2

Bill Shaikin ‏@BillShaikin
Source: Hamilton balked after #Angels were prepared to send him to Arizona.

TR Sullivan ‏@Sullivan_Ranger
Rangers are willing to take Josh Hamilton back according to sources...No word yet if that will happen. But the Rangers would take him

very interesting

Malvingt2

TR Sullivan ‏@Sullivan_Ranger
Rangers are close to trading for Josh Hamilton.... still a lot of legal work to be done... likely announced on Monday sources say

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Source: Angels deep into discussions with Texas Rangers on trade for Josh Hamilton. Still lots left to do, but that's expected destination.

Enron

Banned
LOL. Don't do it JD. Dirt cheap Hamilton is of course a good gamble to take, but I don't want to have to root for this loser, especially the way after he left town. Fuck him.

Ugh, I wonder how much of the salary the Angels are going to have to eat. I don't think anything will ever top the stupidity of taking on Vernon Wells, but this comes damn close. Hope Hamilton can stay sober wherever he ends up.

This whole mess is all on Art Moreno.

He readily admitted he had a relapse and has denied nothing. Moreno has been disgusting in how he's handled this. I hope he mashes in Texas again.

Rangers make sense, they probably won't eat any of the money (nobody will take that money) and that's where his support network is.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Well I can assure you that I'm not. Didn't even know that sounded 'redneckish'.

I know you're European so you probably just don't know this, but there's a long history of using the word "boy" to demean black males. It's a usage based on racism. Not saying that's what you're doing, just that you need to know that that's the context in the US.

I know you're European so you probably just don't know this, but there's a long history of using the word "boy" to demean black males. It's a usage based on racism. Not saying that's what you're doing, just that you need to know that that's the context in the US.

Ah I see, thanks for explaining it. I was wondering why people were jumping on that comment. Pardon my ignorance!

Enron

Banned
"boy" might be appropriate if not for the racist connotation. Actually, "brat" might be better. Because that's what Ventura acts like on the mound.

cashman

Banned
This. I don't care how cheap Josh is. The thought of him in a Rangers uniform again makes me sick. SICK.

It would actually be kind of cool he had an amazing bounceback year for the Rangers, but that's not going to happen so he'll be way more trouble than he's worth.

Well Miggy is 3 for 17 in his last 5 games. Considering he was 11 for 14 with 2 Homers and 6 RBIs against us in 3 games, I fully expect that to happen again.

It would actually be kind of cool he had an amazing bounceback year for the Rangers, but that's not going to happen so he'll be way more trouble than he's worth.

He's fine physically.

I think he could do pretty well this year. 3 WAR player.

Oh my god there are going to be soooo many K's between both pitchers tonight.

Enron

Banned

I don't know if he's done done, but Im not expecting anything but replacement level play from him. Which has its uses if it costs us nothing but vet minimum. But fuck it, and fuck josh hamilton. Id rather lose 90 games without him, than lose 88 with him.

Top Bottom