• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Tigers are officially selling at the deadline. Thank goodness that they have common sense.

Price and Cespedes are going to bring back some fine prospects to replenish that farm system.

tumblr_ndb5e53ot91rrldglo1_400.gif

The Royals surely have a better win gif than this??

Marz

Tigers are officially selling at the deadline. Thank goodness that they have common sense.

Price and Cespedes are going to bring back some fine prospects to replenish that farm system.

According to who? Even with Miggy out, they still have a top 3 offense in the A.L. and they have a decent rotation, ain't gonna win the Central but the Wild Card is easily within reach.

According to who? Even with Miggy out, they still have a top 3 offense in the A.L. and they have a decent rotation, ain't gonna win the Central but the Wild Card is easily within reach.

Sounds like Illitch has to approve (and with how old he is he might not), but it's been reported multiple places.

It would be a smart move to do so. I bet they could get mlb ready pieces for Price and Cespedes (Price would suddenly be the premier ace available) and be ready to compete next year, as opposed to attempting to get a wild card berth this year

Marz

Sounds like Illitch has to approve (and with how old he is he might not), but it's been reported multiple places.

It would be a smart move to do so. I bet they could get mlb ready pieces for Price and Cespedes (Price would suddenly be the premier ace available) and be ready to compete next year, as opposed to attempting to get a wild card berth this year

Wild card berth is competing. Get into the playoffs with David Price and Miguel Cabrera and who knows what can happen.

Seems dumb to me for a team that's 500. to just give up when they're clearly still in it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wild card berth is competing. Get into the playoffs with David Price and Miguel Cabrera and who knows what can happen.

Seems dumb to me for a team that's 500. to just give up when they're clearly still in it.

Wild Card is one thing. They realize they have no shot to win. It's time to rebuild.

I expect the Athletics faithful to give Donaldson a loud and extended ovation, because he deserves it and we still love JDon.

I complete respect the way he's gone about his business in the A's system. I hope he can make it back and show what he can do, and I'd really like the A's to keep him on as a coach or in player development when his playing days are done.

I can't think of many people, let alone ballplayers, that would take this kind of transition as well as Zito has. Dude's a worker.

Lawrie is going to hit a revenge homer tonight

and then trip on 3B while circling the paths and sprain his ankle

Don't EVEN make me put a voodoo hex on the Jays. I know people.

I mean, look what happened to the Mets after this photo was taken

th

It's hardly lopsided. Maybe for the 1H of 2015, probably for the year. But 2016-2019? This trade is going to be heavily in the A's favor.

In defense of the Donaldson trade

You never know with Lawrie though.

Still, the minute that Martin was signed, Lawrie's time in T.O. was done. The fact that management had a clean cut Canadian to shill out to casual fans meant that they didn't need to deal with Lawrie's injury history and general goober attitude.

zroid

Banned
Apparently Lawrie declined to speak to the Toronto beat reporters today

dude really is bitter, damn! can't blame him though, he was deified in Canada. He was on the cover of MLB The Show, for fucks sake. Lawrie!

Apparently Lawrie declined to speak to the Toronto beat reporters today

dude really is bitter, damn! can't blame him though, he was deified in Canada. He was on the cover of MLB The Show, for fucks sake. Lawrie!

He knows that any ill will towards the franchise, or at least, something that can be spun to mean that, won't go over well with the media in Toronto.

At least he's smart about it.

Mets hesitant to trade for Zobrist because he's owed, get this, $2M the rest of the year.

That's too rich for the Wilpon's blood.

Also deGrom is sitting at 97 this year. #deGawd

Top Bottom