• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

NateDrake

I expected the RedSox to start celebrating the win & then seeing Girardi walk out to challenge the call. Pretty sure he would have won the challenge.

zulux21

I seriously doubt either team wants to review. They want to go to sleep.

if the yankees had the challenge they would have used it. no matter how late it is you don't throw away a chance at a win, especially against a team that you will potentially be competing against for your division in sept

kinda forgot to cancel my MLB.TV Premium sub after last season, so here's to another season of marginally using it >_>

Looks great on Vita btw

jakncoke

Banned
After allowing four doubles on the night, Brewers pitching has now allowed 20 through its first four games.

According to STATS, it is the most doubles allowed by a team in its first four games since at least 1914.

wow

Can't see how the Angels are the bad guys when they were willing to give the guy $17 million a year.

Josh did the right thing and took responsibility for his actions. So it's tough to see how he's the bad guy.

In fact, I can't see either party being particularly at fault or the bad guy in this situation.

It sucks all around.

But I can understand where both sides are coming from.

Still going to the game Sunday.

zychi

Banned
Can't see how the Angels are the bad guys when they were willing to give the guy $17 million a year.

Josh did the right thing and took responsibility for his actions. So it's tough to see how he's the bad guy.

In fact, I can't see either party being particularly at fault or the bad guy in this situation.

It sucks all around.

But I can understand where both sides are coming from.

Still going to the game Sunday.
If he did this in the NFL or a normal job with drug testing, you bet your ass there'd be provisions in that contract. He would have been fired already

McDougles

Paying lots of money for a player in free agency is not a good or bad move. It's a capitalist move based on the collective bargaining agreement between the players union and MLB.

Correct.

It sucks all around.

The Angels are trying to spin a situation where a recovering addict willingly came forward with a possible digression, one that should have been kept confidential as per the CBA. The Angels front office, as well as the MLB commissioner, broke the confidentiality agreement in commenting on a report leaked by "unknown sources" (where the Angels are the only ones to benefit from such a leak).

An arbitrator came down on a ruling, saying Hamilton did nothing wrong.

Instead of the Angels reluctantly agreeing with the decision and moving on, they're trying to get rid of Hamilton and his massive contract via some sort of unknown contract agreement, one that is not possible because of said restrictions in the CBA.

The Angels only care about saving $83 million on his contract through the 2017 season. In doing so, they're willing to breach a confidentially agreement in order to publicly humiliate someone recovering from years of drug abuse.

Think about it this way. If Hamilton were a perennial MVP candidate, with a .300/.385/.520 slash line the first 2 years of his contract, instead of someone who hasn't been worth 2 wins above replacement in a single season with his current team, would the Angels be trying to pull this crap?

It's absolutely despicable behaviour.

BigAT

Of course they care about saving money. Their employee is a junkie who can't stay on the field.

If only there was some indication about this before they signed him to a massive contract. I can't believe this was completely hidden from the Angels.

Sanjuro

If only there was some indication about this before they signed him to a massive contract. I can't believe this was completely hidden from the Angels.

It's a risk. They are likely to be stuck paying him, or they can possibly find a recourse to collect some salary back. I don't see the issue. They would be dumb not to take advantage of the situation.

Top Bottom