• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Cloudy

Banned
A-Rod flopping around like an idiot at 1st has to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
I think he's doing okay. That one throw sailed on him. I remember Giambi at first back in the day lol

Doogdogg

Joe Kelly is nasty when his 2 seam fastball is located like today. Don't know if he goes back for the 7th, but that a great outing for him.

Think about it this way. If Hamilton were a perennial MVP candidate, with a .300/.385/.520 slash line the first 2 years of his contract, instead of someone who hasn't been worth 2 wins above replacement in a single season with his current team, would the Angels be trying to pull this crap?

No. That's not the way the world works. If he was hitting 50 home runs, it'd be a whole different story for sure.

Oh right, I forgot it's impossible to be immoral if you give someone money.

If he did this in the NFL or a normal job with drug testing, you bet your ass there'd be provisions in that contract. He would have been fired already

That's the rub. Is it immoral for a normal job with drug testing to fire a guy?

Athletic ability has empowered people to make terrible decisions with little repercussion for... well forever. Milton Bradley, Steve Howe, Josh Hamilton.

The Angels are definitely not going to the extent the Rangers did to help the guy, that's for sure. But people should be held accountable. If he agreed to terms in the contract regarding keeping clean, well...

Of course, if that is superseded by the bargaining agreement, then it'll play out a different way.

But both parties hold responsibility here.

8 fucking errors in 5 games and not to mention all the pick-offs and just shitty hitting. Fucking terrible. And there goes jones with another fucking error! 9! Nine! Fu king errors.

5 games in, season's over.

The worst part is that Girardi's going to get blamed for this and is probably going to get fired. Not his fault his team consists of people who are too old, too shitty, and a fucking criminal. You really want to make an impact, fire Cashman.

Sanjuro

Good thing the Yankees are in prime time tomorrow night. Maybe they will step it up!

The worst part is that Girardi's going to get blamed for this and is probably going to get fired. Not his fault his team consists of people who are too old, too shitty, and a fucking criminal.

What? Girardi getting shitcanned is probably the best part.

This could be 1990 all over again. Except this time it would be a loop g time before we can rebuild the farm system to the point it can produce good everyday players.
There's still 157 games left though.

ampere

Not to shit on the Yanks fans here... but it brings a tear to my eye to see the Yankees struggling :')

Fuck the Yankees

The worst part is that Girardi's going to get blamed for this and is probably going to get fired. Not his fault his team consists of people who are too old, too shitty, and a fucking criminal. You really want to make an impact, fire Cashman.

Man some baseball fans can be so self righteous. LOL@ criminal.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Good thing the Yankees are in prime time tomorrow night. Maybe they will step it up!

What? Girardi getting shitcanned is probably the best part.

Eh, him staying or going isn't going to help with their personnel problems. I can't believe they are spending this much to field this team.

Malo

Banned
This could be 1990 all over again. Except this time it would be a loop g time before we can rebuild the farm system to the point it can produce good everyday players.
There's still 157 games left though.
Eh, I bet the farm becomes a top ten/top twelve farm next season. They have a lot of talent at the lower levels and the most that they would graduate from their top ten this season are two ( Refsynder and Lingdren). While adding two first round picks this year.

Top Bottom