• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I didn't realize how many of these high priced Yankees are under long term deals that aren't ending anytime soon.

Malo

Banned
I didn't realize how many of these high priced Yankees are under long term deals that aren't ending anytime soon.
Beltran and Teix come off the books after the 2016 season (CC as well if his option doesn't vest for 2017), and A-Rod comes off the books after the 2017 season. With those four alone that's nearly $100MM in payroll.

What the fuck is this. I turn on the game, 5 pitches thrown, already 1-0 down and a guy on 1st. What are you doing Klubes.

Tigers lineup is on fire to start the season. Despite all the proclamations that the Tigers reign in the Central was over, Dave Dombrowski might have quietly assembled the deepest Tigers lineup in his time as GM. The defense looks much improved as well. Now all the Tigers need to do is prevent the bullpen from doing the normal Tigers bullpen implosion and maybe get Verlander fixed up.

Tigers lineup is on fire to start the season. Despite all the proclamations that the Tigers reign in the Central was over, Dave Dombrowski might have quietly assembled the deepest Tigers lineup in his time as GM. The defense looks much improved as well. Now all the Tigers need to do is prevent the bullpen from doing the normal Tigers bullpen implosion and maybe get Verlander fixed up.

It certainly seems that way. Top to bottom man, that team is just so incredibly solid, both defensively and offensively. Tribe did almost nothing this off season to improve drastically (we're like only above the A's, Astros, Marlins and 1 other team I think in salary), Twins are still the Twins, Royals had an extremely underwhelming offseason as well, so I don't see them repeating what they've done last year, and the White Sox, while having improved ON PAPER, just lack the overall quality to threaten the Tigers as well.

Detroit's got this division wrapped up, it seems, and the season barely started. Even if the pitching took a huge blow compared to last season.

Victor Martinez lifetime BA against the Indians: .358
Miggy lifetime BA against against the Indians: .347

How about we walk them for the rest of the season already.

MLB Communications ‏@MLB_PR 1m1 minute ago
Mets pitcher Jenrry Mejia has received an 80-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Stanozolol.

EVERYTHING IS AWFUL

Victor Martinez lifetime BA against the Indians: .358
Miggy lifetime BA against against the Indians: .347

How about we walk them for the rest of the season already.

Thats just inviting yourself to get killed by Cespedes and JD Martinez who looking more like a Joey Batts late bloomer and less a one hit wonder. Plus Gose and Kinsler are killing teams before they even face Miggy and Vmart.

Thats just inviting yourself to get killed by Cespedes and JD Martinez who looking more like a Joey Batts late bloomer and less a one hit wonder. Plus Gose and Kinsler are killing teams before they even face Miggy and Vmart.

Lol I wasn't being serious. And yea, Kinsler/Miggy/JD/Victor/Cespedes is fucking terrifying.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Tigers and Jays have the only really scary batting lineups in baseball at this point.

The Red Sox are, it just hasn't shown up yet.

It's crazy that going offense heavy and an entire rotation of number 3 starters might be the best way to go. Everyone can pitch these days so lock up all of the hitters.

The Red Sox are, it just hasn't shown up yet.

It's crazy that going offense heavy and an entire rotation of number 3 starters might be the best way to go. Everyone can pitch these days so lock up all of the hitters.

Tigers are trying to go with a balanced offense that can play defense, 2 aces, a prospect with ace potential, a number 5 and the pitcher formerly known as Verlander.

JERRY FUCKING SANDS. It was about time one of those well hit fly balls would find a gap.

True but everyone in Detroit loves the guy. He has durability issues at times but when healthy he is an ace.

Yup, couldn't agree more. Not many people outside the division or only fantasy nuts know about how nasty this guy can be.

Top Bottom