• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

lupinko

So I've come up with a lesson plan for my students to write their own version of talking baseball about their school team and many YouTube videos later and coincidently the same HoF ceremony this year, a what if question came to mind and now I propose to MLBGAF.

What if the 'spos didn't trade Randy Johnson to Seattle and still ended up fleecing the Doyers for Pedro, and no strike in '94? What kind of baseball world would we be in then?

Guy on MLBTR says he's probably going to get around 7 years 130 million in FA.

Your first mistake was reading MLB Trade Rumors.

If he was gonna get paid 7/$130 he would have to average ~3 wins per year for the next 7 years. ($6.5m per win)

I guess that's not too terrible considering how much he has been worth in the past...

Whoops DP.

Parch

It worries me that the Jays have played two more games than those chasing them and three more than the Angels.
The wildcard is just the minimum expectation if things go wrong. I fully expect the Blue Jays to catch the Yankees. 13 games left against them to show who's boss.

Meier

Thank god Joc remembered how to take some pitches yesterday. 3 walks! Hallelujah! His eye was arguably as important as his HR ability earlier this season. Hopefully this will help him calm down a bit and get back into something of a rhythm.

Parch

What if the 'spos didn't trade Randy Johnson to Seattle and still ended up fleecing the Doyers for Pedro, and no strike in '94? What kind of baseball world would we be in then?
Expos history makes me cry.
The treatment of the Expos by Selig makes me furious.

Your first mistake was reading MLB Trade Rumors.

If he was gonna get paid 7/$130 he would have to average ~3 wins per year for the next 7 years. ($6.5m per win)

I guess that's not too terrible considering how much he has been worth in the past...

Whoops DP.

Not only does inflation exist (which drives up cost of wins in layer years), but assuming that teams pursue FA in this way is flawed. $/win is mostly good in figuring out how valuable a player has been in regards to their contract

7/130 doesn't seem like a stretch to me, especially with no QO reducing his value

What a bunch of fuck ups the Rays are. Holy Shit.

White Sox baserunner steals 2nd. Cabrera misses the catch and the ball literally hits him in the face, so the runner goes to 3rd. I think Cabrera is working for Chicago this game.

http://nypost.com/2015/08/04/david-ortizs-passive-aggressive-praise-of-resurgent-a-rod/

the cognitive dissonance it must take to write an article like this without mentioning ortiz is a juicer

he's old and bitter that time is passing him by. can't wait until Sox fans turn on him.

Y'all ready for Severino day?

I haven't been this excited about a rookie since.....
well ever! I am actually really excited about our future pitching. Severino, Betances, Warrenm, Eovaldi, just on and on. if we can just produce in bat from the minors we are set. set!

The wildcard is just the minimum expectation if things go wrong. I fully expect the Blue Jays to catch the Yankees. 13 games left against them to show who's boss.

oh lord....

Because fuck having hope, right?

It seems like I can't hate the Rays like I do the rest of the AL East no matter what I do.

ok enough of this hope bullshit. 60-45 and 5.5 up. that's called reality. look at our hitting right now. the bullpen is strong and the pitching while still shaky is still serviceable and capable of competing against anyone. nobody is stopping from feeling happy but Blue Jays fans need to stop talking about the division. it ain't happening boys.

zulux21

What a bunch of fuck ups the Rays are. Holy Shit.

White Sox baserunner steals 2nd. Cabrera misses the catch and the ball literally hits him in the face, so the runner goes to 3rd. I think Cabrera is working for Chicago this game.

heh
two intentional walks to only walk in the winning run.

I'll take the win but that's not an exciting finish for either team ><;

Enron

Banned
I've never attended a playoff game live, and this is the closest I've been to being a part of a crowd that was ready to take the house down.

I went to a playoff game once! But it was the Brooks Conrad game in 2010. And we all wanted to throw ourselves off the top of the Ted. So it was the exact opposite of your experience.

We have Donaldson and Travis, and tulowitzki

You're welcome

O.... K?

I wasn't trying to say that the Jays were stupid for putting him on waivers or that the A's got over for getting him. I was just looking forward to seeing the guy play more.

Take it easy, Canada.

Treat him well. :(

As with most A's... he'll do really well in a bigger role than he'd get elsewhere. Then, just as he really gets going and starts to peak, he'll leave via free agency or be traded to a contender.

Way of the A's.

Top Bottom