• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Is there a way they can miss the playoffs and still keep Matt Williams around forever?

Cause that would be ideal.

If enough big names get injured and they stay in the race until the end, they can point at that as the reason for their missing the playoffs.

Syrinx

If enough big names get injured and they stay in the race until the end, they can point at that as the reason for their missing the playoffs.
I dunno, after pretty much everybody picked them to win the pennant and a significant number of those people picking them to win the whole thing, I can't see a scenario other than maybe Harper sustaining a season-ending injury while rolling around in his bed tonight in which the Nats can avoid rolling heads if they can't even make the playoffs despite playing in the worst division in baseball.

Unless their front office really, really loves making excuses.

Pakkidis

Disappointed the Blue Jays lost but the tension in the 9th inning was amazing. Atmosphere like that hasn't been seen in the sky dome in a very long time.

RBH

Today is Ben Affleck's birthday, and over the past 15 years, that has meant a Red Sox loss. Will that change today? Boston, with Wade Miley on the mound, faces Felix Hernandez and the Mariners. According to Elias, the longest losing streak by a team on a specific date is 18, done three times.

ap-world-series1.jpg

Keep the streak alive!

I can't wait to punish the Sox in a few weeks. Bought tix for that Friday game.

Cousin is a huge Sox fan. I'd love to see him sweat a little.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Dan Uggla receives his World Series ring:

After the Atlanta Braves cut Dan Uggla last July, he latched on with the Giants, who needed a second baseman before Joe Panik emerged. Uggla spent a week or so with the organization, playing two games with the Giants’ Class AAA affiliate before playing four games in the big leagues with them. In the midst of his worst offensive season, Uggla went 1 for 11 with two errors for the Giants before they, too, cut him.

Still, Giants players voted to give well-respected Uggla a World Series ring even though he was long off the team by then. Uggla, on the disabled list for back spasms, came with the Nationals on the West Coast road trip. He received his World Series ring from Giants General Manager Bobby Evans at AT&T Park before Friday’s game.

“It’s awesome,” Uggla said. “I know I was only here for a week. They ended up winning the World Series and I got a really really awesome ring out of it. It’s something nobody can take away from me.”

Uggla said this as he sat at his locker in the visitor’s clubhouse while holding the big gleaming ring in his hand. He then put it on his hand and took a photo with his cellphone. Nationals teammates stopped him to see it on his way through the clubhouse.

“I’ve seen some World Series rings and it had to be one of the coolest ones I’ve seen,” said Uggla, who resurrected his career with the help of a doctor in the offseason and a strong spring training with the Nationals. The back-up second baseman/pinch hitter, however, is hitting .191 in 110 at-bats.

Uggla knew his ring was coming. He got a text message from a Giants official in the offseason asking for his ring size.

“I don’t really feel that deserving of it,” he said. “But I was part of the organization and team for a short period of time. For them to extend their arms to me and to make me a part of that, that was pretty cool.”

8Op1kQ1l.jpg

Da fuck

What the hell kind of an A's fan are you??!

Listen man, a good win gif goes a long way. And the Giants win gif is something special.

Hell, might even consider rooting for the poopbox devil dealing Jays if someone had any sort of creativity in that fanbase to make a fantastic win gif like the Giants one. (C'mon JaysGAF, someone get on that!)

Top Bottom