• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

zroid

Banned
MZQFij2.gif

:lol

Marz

Jays need to get swept so I can see smug ass Gregg Zaun and that other clown on the Blue Jays post game show get out a broom.

Marz

Tulo ain't a leadoff hitter. And I would want my best hitter in the 3 hole to drive in more runs.

And speed at the top of the lineup is always nice.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Blue jays should just mix the lineup instead of having all power come out at once

So that way you don't get stuck with a graveyard of offense in an important inning... probably will lead to more intentional walks, too.

As long as we win games, I don't fucking care what the batting line up is.

If we lose this series and lose the two games in Philly, then we can worry about the lineup. For now, it's fine.

zroid

Banned
Tulo ain't a leadoff hitter. And I would want my best hitter in the 3 hole to drive in more runs.

And speed at the top of the lineup is always nice.

Oh I thought you were saying that knowing it would be worse, haha

no Revere isn't a good leadoff hitter for this lineup -- his OBP is too low. the speed thing is good, but it works just as well from the 9 spot as the 1. batting Revere leadoff would just serve to reduce the number of ABs for Tulo et al, which is ultimately undesirable.

according to one optimization algorithm I've seen, Martin should be batting leadoff, but I think it's fine the way it is. Plus he's a little banged up right now which I think is affecting his performance at the plate.

actually one of the reasons I was unhappy with the Revere trade was I thought they were getting him to hit leadoff, which would have been a mistake IMO. But Gibbons and AA had the right idea.

Lexxism

Offense was looking a bit sluggish before this series. That's the only real problem I'm seeing. They've pitched a great game these past two days. Defense looks fine. Jays bats just need to get going. It's literally the reverse of the Yanks last week.
They look like the Yankees of last week. Hopefully the Great Hutchison will step up tomorrow. He does bring the best from our offense :lol

Top Bottom