• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

JDeluis

This Dodgers game reminds me of last year playoff. AJ Ellis with the home run and the rest of team takes the day off. And the bull pen just as awful.

JDeluis

Damn Turner has had an awful night. And apparently there was a fight a few rows back of the Dodgers dugout. Damn Raider fans.

Sb0ytw5.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
FanGraphs - Sergio Romo and his no-dot slider:

“The way I see my slider — other than different — is that it’s my 95,” said Romo. The slider has become his fastball, and his fastball has become the pitch he picks and chooses. “Just like other pitchers have to pick and choose with their breaking stuff because it’s not their best pitch,” Romo agreed.

The reason it works so well for Romo, though, is that no-dot approach. Most sliders spin around an axis that creates a red dot from the spinning seams. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gG_ywlBofs

Perhaps because of the way Romo grips the pitch with his two fingers separated, or the fact that there’s so much white facing the batter because of the way he holds the seams, or because it’s a very horizontal (almost curve-ball esque) pitch thrown from a low arm angle, there isn’t a tell-tale red dot on his slider.

Safe to say the Bay Area has the win.gif game locked down

Been gone. Can't be in last place twice and keep yo job.

Especially when you do things like let Jon Lester walk (EDIT:Trade him for a four month rental and then fail to resign him when he's keen to come back) and then turn around and give Rick Porcello 80 million before he pitched a game for your club.

And when you spend 180 million American dollars to play Hanley Ramirez in the outfield and turn Pablo Sandoval permanently into a left-handed batter. Although I suppose some of that falls on Farrell too.

l
Loved the way Medlen hustled down the line too after that bunt.

And while Medlen's bunt scored the game winner, we don't win that game without Zobrist ending Chapman's home save streak.

We need a 'Kneel before Zob' meme or something. That guy is so good.

Agreed, especially with how long that streak was. I'm really glad that Medlen got the win too since he hadn't had one since Sept 2013. Mainly because of Tommy John, but still. Hope he can get, at least, one or two starts before the end of season. I would love to see him start.

JDeluis

This thread has given non-Giants fans a reason to hope the Giants win.

If they do make it to playoffs, I'm pretty sure they win it all again. Look at how many injuries they have right now and they're only two game behind the Dodgers.

People keep saying the Cardinals are the ones sacrificing animals to have all these wins. How many animals are the Giants sacrificing a day. lol

Malo

Banned
if the Twins get perfecto'd by Eovaldi then I think we can all agree they should be relegated to AAA
Pinstripe alley @pinstripealley: Since 2002, the Yankees are 80-29 against the Twins, including playoffs. That's a .734 winning percentage & a 118-win pace... SEEMS DECENT.

SRTtoZ

I remember when Eovaldi gave up like 8 runs to the Marlins in the first inning and I completely wrote him off. He's come a long way since then.

jbug617

Banned
Seems like Utley is going to be traded today. Twitter says it's probably Angels or Dodgers because that Utley's preference.

Top Bottom