• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Cain's nowhere close to being dead. He just isn't used to actually having a larger range of motion so his release point has been completely inconsistent. He'll be fine next season for sure, just a question on if he can get his mechanics fixed in time this year.
Well, hopefully he'll be well enough to lead to you to the 2016 WS~

Goddamn this game is amazing if you like shitty pitching and good offense.

And thanks Cards, we need to be at least 3 ahead of SF so if we get swept we are still tied.

Ken Rosenthal ?@Ken_Rosenthal · 1m1 minute ago
Source: Trade official. Utley and $4M to #Dodgers. IF/OF Darnell Sweeney and RHP John Richy to #Phillies. Sweeney was at AAA, Richy at Hi A.

Sweeney might be decent but he's basically kike hernandez type

Meier

The prospects the Dodgers gave up for Utley look pretty solid. Sweeney's had a decent year in AAA and True Blue LA had him as our 14th best prospect (6th best hitter) coming into the season. Richy was a 3rd round pick in 2014 and has gone 10-5 with a very good K/BB ratio in High A this year. What a stupid ass trade.

Looks like Sweeney got an immediate call up to replace Utley. Ugh.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
YES!

CORREA!

FaST3Q4.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CORREA

Legend in the making

Man if the O's catch the Blue Jays and Toronto doesn't make the playoffs that would make my year lmao.

It'd be a bloodbath in October.

Mind you, there's a lot of uncertainty around AA even if the Jays do make the post season. Certainly the new president would want his own guy as GM?

The prospects the Dodgers gave up for Utley look pretty solid. Sweeney's had a decent year in AAA and True Blue LA had him as our 14th best prospect (6th best hitter) coming into the season. Richy was a 3rd round pick in 2014 and has gone 10-5 with a very good K/BB ratio in High A this year. What a stupid ass trade.

Looks like Sweeney got an immediate call up to replace Utley. Ugh.

Kiké and peraza make Sweeney irrelevant don't sweat it

peraza is better base stealer and they're both better defenders

zroid

Banned
It'd be a bloodbath in October.

Mind you, there's a lot of uncertainty around AA even if the Jays do make the post season. Certainly the new president would want his own guy as GM?

from everything I've been hearing lately it sounds like AA is probably going to be promoted to a president of baseball ops role, while they hire a president of business ops to complement him.

btw I don't think them missing the post season would lead to a bloodbath. regardless of what happens results-wise, these last couple months of the season will have been very profitable for Rogers

from everything I've been hearing lately it sounds like AA is probably going to be promoted to a president of baseball ops role, while they hire a president of business ops to complement him.

btw I don't think them missing the post season would lead to a bloodbath. regardless of what happens results-wise, these last couple months of the season will have been very profitable for Rogers

Agreed. Even if the Blue Jays choke their way out of the hunt, then AA has earned another 2 years at the very least.

Now that it looks like AA will be moving up, who do they go after for GM now that Dombrowski is taken? Duquette again? Cherrington or Jack Z in Seattle?

Why would you want Jack Z or Cherington? Jack Z's time in Seattle has been pretty abysmal (their player development during his tenure may actually make Toronto's look half-decent), while the Red Sox finished last in three of his four years at the helm. Admittedly, they won the World Series in that fourth year, but still...don't see the point of getting a retread from a divisional rival. Especially when his development philosophy (which seems to focus on position players) would appear to be at odds with AA's (which has generally tended towards arms). I'm still not convinced I want AA to stick around, but if he is, you'd think he would want someone who shares his philosophy.

I think Duquette is under contract with Baltimore for a few more years.

If AA does get a promotion, presumably they would just promote Lacava. He was a pretty prominent GM prospect for awhile, so it would make sense to promote from within.

Malo

Banned
Bob Nightingale @BNightengale: Kevin Towers' name also is picking up steam if the #Mariners make a change. He has worked with most of their front office staff in SD/Pitt

zroid

Banned
Sports Illustrated said:
“Who would you rather have playing shortstop this year than me?” Jeter asked Cashman.

“Do you really want me to answer that?” Cashman replied. Jeter told him to go ahead, and he listed Tulowitzki, then the Rockies’ shortstop who was in the midst of his first All-Star campaign. “We’re not paying extra money for popularity,” he added, “We’re paying for performance.”

heh

Malo

Banned
Ryan Hatch@ryanhatch: Luis Severino just crushed a home run in batting practice, like 7 rows up in left field. What

Can he play second base?

Marz

I'd rather have a winner like Jeter starting over an annual loser like tulowitzki anyday.

Know how many times Jeter came through in the postseason in big moments? FoH.

Top Bottom