• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

This has probably been the best game I've seen the Sox play this year. Completely unsustainable and they're liable to get one-hitted tomorrow, but it's nice to get a reminder every once in a while that all of that money spent does occasionally pay off (no pun intended).

zulux21

This has probably been the best game I've seen the Sox play this year. Completely unsustainable and they're liable to get one-hitted tomorrow, but it's nice to get a reminder every once in a while that all of that money spent does occasionally pay off (no pun intended).

red sox face john danks tomorrow, and he is due for a really bad start. doubtful you won't get a few runs tomorrow.

though it also wouldn't be surprising if the white sox just swept the red sox and got back to .500 in time for the owners to think they might as well try this season and make a few trades only to go have a .100 win percent in august.

How long Is Sanjuro banned for? He's been gone for a while.

Just not the same without him.

We need to refire the #condimentwars.

Also I just saw Trout's GS LAND IN THE FUCKING NET.

Dude is so freakish.

Trout is going to be the new leader in fWAR after tonight surpassing Harper.

He's Barry Bonds level dominant.

The Mets COULD HAVE HAD HIM IF NOT FOR OMAR BEING PANTS ON HEAD RETARDED AND SIGNING A FUCKING CLOSER WITH A QO ON HIM.

Ugh. That'll haunt me forever.

3N16MA

Banned
cXHPK6ml.jpg

This one is for you, Sanjuro.

BFIB

Cardinals are discussing a trade for Adam Lind.

Again, all these trades within your division. Happening all over the place so far during the trading deadline.

Zobrist working a 1.069 OPS over his last 7.

Keep pumping up that trade value, Ben. Wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Not hearing anything on Tyler Clippard, but he has trade value. Wonder what's going to happen to that guy.

Mujica and O'Flaherty have to be worth at least a flier prospect too I'd imagine...

In Billy I Trust.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
8:48 PM - 10 Dec 2014

@astros

Note: the date of the Taylor Swift 1989 tour show at #MMP is subject to change if it conflicts with an #Astros postseason home game.

Remember when?

@astros

#Astros announce new Houston date for Taylor Swift's The 1989 World Tour will be Wednesday, September 9 at Minute Maid Park.

Cardinals are discussing a trade for Adam Lind.

Again, all these trades within your division. Happening all over the place so far during the trading deadline.

It's not that foreign for the Brewers, though. Cards got Axford from them two years ago

I suspect the fact that both the Pirates and Cardinals need 1B help will price Lind out of what they value him at, though. Can imagine Milwaukee trying to get a whole lot out of him if it's in division

rando14

Yep, guess its more a side effect to the 2 WC's.

Bingo, 2 WC spots changed everything. You don't have to care as much as your division leader, you just have to win as many games as possible, because once you sneak into the playoffs you've got as good a chance as anyone. Even if you trade within the division, if both teams improve it's perfectly fine.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
#Mets making progress on trade for #Athletics’ Clippard, sources tell me and @jonmorosi. Other teams still in play. Deal expected soon.

Let me guess, the Joba deal is the only one AA will make this year. You lost on Clippard, Hamels (though that was in doubt) and Cueto. What is it going to take for actual trades?

#Mets making progress on trade for #Athletics’ Clippard, sources tell me and @jonmorosi. Other teams still in play. Deal expected soon.

EVERYTHING MUST GO! You want arms? WE GOT ARMS!

Clippard! Mujica! O'Flaherty! You want 'em, we got 'em!

C'mon down the 880 and join us for our big parking lot firesale!

We're having a bounce house and a petting zoo for the kiddies! All ages welcome!

I'm CRAAAAAAZY BILLY and I'm making DEALS FOR YOU!

Probably a new GM.

Honestly, I doubt it even at that stage.

There were guys like Cishek, Axford, Gregorson, etc that were well within the Jays price range in the offseason, yet the team didn't take the chance. Now we are stuck essentially combing the dregs of FA to get bottom level talent because the front office is too fucking cheap to take a chance.

Of course, baseball offseason ties right into the NHL season, and we all know Rogers is more into that then making the Blue Jays an actual contender. I wonder what it would take for Rogers to actually care for the Blue Jays and build them into winners? At this point, it's really only a Montreal team that's owned by Bell.

zroid

Banned
Of course, baseball offseason ties right into the NHL season, and we all know Rogers is more into that then making the Blue Jays an actual contender. I wonder what it would take for Rogers to actually care for the Blue Jays and build them into winners? At this point, it's really only a Montreal team that's owned by Bell.

pretty much. the Jays have a relatively big payroll already (i think it's top 10?), but Rogers doesn't really give a shit about them so their attitude is if they can't make it work with the budget they have then too bad. doesn't matter if a few million here and there could make a big difference. it is what it is.

pretty much. the Jays have a relatively big payroll already (i think it's top 10?), but Rogers doesn't really give a shit about them so their attitude is if they can't make it work with the budget they have then too bad. doesn't matter if a few million here and there could make a big difference. it is what it is.

It is certainly the possibility of being top 5. There is no cap in this league, so why aren't you using it to the fullest potential?

I wonder if we would be having this same discussion if InterBrew was still owners of the team and Rogers didn't buy the 80% share.

jbug617

Banned
EVERYTHING MUST GO! You want arms? WE GOT ARMS!

Clippard! Mujica! O'Flaherty! You want 'em, we got 'em!

C'mon down the 880 and join us for our big parking lot firesale!

We're having a bounce house and a petting zoo for the kiddies! All ages welcome!

I'm CRAAAAAAZY BILLY and I'm making DEALS FOR YOU!

Give us Sonny Gray please

My inside sources are telling me that the Dodgers are close to acquiring both David Price and Cole Hamels in a 12-team trade. The Dodgers will only be giving up a bouquet of white roses and a box of chocolates.

Fuck Billy Beane. He said he wasn't trading Donaldson and then trades him to the Jays. We fucking ended up with Panda instead.

The Jays' offer was overwhelming, and one the Jays may come to regret come 2017 or even 2016.

Offer up two guys destined for a starting rotation, and 2 everyday players with that kind of potential and your team too could have had him.

Dodgers don't want to give up their top prospects to get Hamels. Pretty much how everyone thought it was going to go. I won't be surprised if he does end up as a Ranger. Amaro trying to screw our World Series championship run.

Time to light up that David Price Plan B option.

jbug617

Banned
Orioles and Padres talking about a big deal

@jaysonst: Sources: #Padres & #Orioles have discussed deal to send Justin Upton to Bal. Possibly could expand it to include SD starters (Ross/Cashner)

Top Bottom