• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Happy the Mets won last night but damn...this series is unwatchable. Fuck Coors Field games. Happy NXT Takeover rescued me last night.

Mets are skipping Harvey today so its certainly great that the Mets won the first two games of this garbage series. Hopefully Logan Verrett has a good game in him but who knows in that joint.

Happy the Mets won last night but damn...this series is unwatchable. Fuck Coors Field games. Happy NXT Takeover rescued me last night.

Mets are skipping Harvey today so its certainly great that the Mets won the first two games of this garbage series. Hopefully Logan Verrett has a good game in him but who knows in that joint.

At this point 5 runs is a good game in that damn stadium.

Beckx

BeckX - what do you think the chances of the Pirates ending up with Byung-Ho Park is? I don't think too many teams are looking for 1B, unless some AL team plans to use him as a DH

TBH I haven't followed it very much, I'm not very active on following the business/player acq side of the game. But if as many teams are scouting him as reported I can't see it making any sense for us to spend anything on 1B with Bell hitting as well as he is at Indianapolis.

I'm way more worried about next year's starting pitching staff than next year's offense.

Holy shit, Cards. Way to get blown out on back to back nights against a mediocre team. And Pirates/Cubs continue to win...

In more positive news (lol), Alex Reyes is supposedly tied for #1 prospect in BA. Kinda crazy how he wasn't even in the top 100 for a lot of lists preseason, but I guess having a 14K 9 will do that for you

Padres have our number this year. That and they seem to catch us when we're slumping / injured. Thank god we play Arizona for 4 games, but the way things are going they'll sweep us :lol

harSon

Banned
TBH I haven't followed it very much, I'm not very active on following the business/player acq side of the game. But if as many teams are scouting him as reported I can't see it making any sense for us to spend anything on 1B with Bell hitting as well as he is at Indianapolis.

I'm way more worried about next year's starting pitching staff than next year's offense.

Are you really that worried about next years pitching? We still have Cole, Liriano and Morton under contract - and there's a ton of starting free agent talent to choose from in the off season. Even if we don't go out and grab one of the big names, the Pirates have a proven record of "fixing" formerly high performing pitchers. Not to mention the fact that we potentially have Glasnow, Taillon and Kingham who will be called up at some point next season.

As for 1B, whose going to be starting for us at the beginning of next season. Do you see us paying ~$8M for Pedro in arbitration? Considering how the Pirates handle its minor league players (Super 2), there's zero chance Bell sees PNC Park after Spring Training until closer to the All-Star game.

jbug617

Banned
Tigers are going to spend money this offseason

@JimBowden_ESPN Alex Avila told us that Mike Illitch wants to keep the payroll high and win a World Championship so they will be off-season players #Tigers

Syrinx

First career start in Coors Field. I do not envy him right now.

zroid

Banned
he then led off the 2nd allowing a triple, which scored

woof.

and issued 2 walks in the 3rd. goddamn Hutch. figure it out.

edit: oh, and he got out of the 3rd with a double play -- except it was a lineout DP.

Drew Hutchison might be bad

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
https://twitter.com/FOXSportsSouth/status/635479177110646784?s=09

O0l1WnL.jpg

Josh5890

Fowler leads off with a home run. Lets sweep the Braves!

Holy crap Scwarber just sent a shot into the stands down the 1st base line. Hopefully nothing too bad. MLB needs to make serious changes.

zroid

Banned
LOL Barves

it's no wonder teams like the Cubs and Mets have great records when they can feast on the sewer dwellers in the NL. There just aren't any truly awful teams in the AL this year. Oakland has the worst record and they have a positive run differential. Says a lot.

Josh5890

LOL Barves

it's no wonder teams like the Cubs and Mets have great records when they can feast on the sewer dwellers in the NL. There just aren't any truly awful teams in the AL this year. Oakland has the worst record and they have a positive run differential. Says a lot.

Cubs are 32-23 against teams .500 or better. We are feasting on more than the crap teams.

LOL Barves

The Mets don't have a great record. The Cubs do. And the Cubs also have to play in the same division as the Pirates and Cardinals.

zroid

Banned
Schwarber is a freak

The Mets don't have a great record. The Cubs do. And the Cubs also have to play in the same division as the Pirates and Cardinals.

you guys are too sensitive. The Cubs are a good team. but their record is likely inflated compared to most years by there being so many awful teams in the NL. not sure why that's hard to admit.

He is playing great. If he can learn catching in the big leagues better, we might just have a Schwarber/Ross platoon next year.

That would be ideal, we need his bat in the Lineup everyday so if he can catch like 3 times a week and play the rest in LF.
But Actually Ross should retire. I like Montero.

Josh5890

That would be ideal, we need his bat in the Lineup everyday so if he can catch like 3 times a week and play the rest in LF.
But Actually Ross should retire. I like Montero.

Pretty much. Ross isn't going anywhere. He is Lester's caddie so he is retiring a Cub. Maybe he gets another contract but I'm sure that he is playing next year. Montero is the odd man out probably. He is hitting better of late so he might have decent value, despite that $14 million/year for two more years.

Doogdogg

is Theo contract up this winter with the Cubs? it's unbelievable how quick he put this together. It started by getting Arieta and Rizzo for junks.

I really really really really really really hope this is the very last time we CC Sabathia in a Yankee uniform. Wearing out our bullpen and not pitching effectively . Fucking gap toothed broken down has been fucker. And seriously what is wrong with this offense!!!!!

is Theo contract up this winter with the Cubs? it's unbelievable how quick he put this together. It started by getting Arieta and Rizzo for junks.

1 more year after this. There has been a few rumblings that he will get the record amount for an executive in his extension, and he frankly deserves it.

Josh5890

Next offseason. It's going to get done. They probably don't care about it right now.

And for what it's worth, Padres got a good piece in Cashner for Rizzo. We easily did better but Cashner isn't junk. That Arrieta trade was a steal though, plus it came with Strop.

Schwarber is a freak

you guys are too sensitive. The Cubs are a good team. but their record is likely inflated compared to most years by there being so many awful teams in the NL. not sure why that's hard to admit.

Not sensitive, you're just making lazy posts. The Cardinals and Pirates have 2 of the top 3 records in baseball, and the Cubs have to play them 39 times. That's nearly a quarter of their games against top-3 teams.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/rpi

Top Bottom