• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

I think both will be special but I worry more about Otani because of the immense strain the fork puts on a pitchers elbow and the ferocity and frequency in which he throws it. But Fujinami attacks the corners much better and his slider right now is more consistent than Otani's, though Otani's projects better.

It's really a toss up. They have similar mechanics, both have command issues, both have overpowering heat with movement, both rely on a variation of the splitter to get outs.

It's hard for me to see a clear cut better pitcher right now. I hope Fujinami can make it to the majors along with Otani in the same year, no idea if he has a similar opt out in his contract as Otani since it was hard enough finding info on Otani having it.
Yep. Really wish I could watch more NPB.

Crud

Banned
FaST3Q4.gif

Two wins on the road and against the Yankees!

Getting that monkey of their backs. Let it continue in Minnesota!

GO ASTROS!

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Good win for the Jays. 20th time this year they've scored 10 or more runs, crazy.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Jays singlehandedly took the Twins out of the wild card and then let them back in

This would be the 3rd time now that a team went into a series with the Jays in a wildcard spot and was out of that spot by the end of the series. Minny, LAA and now Texas (maybe, depending on what happens tomorrow).

Well, I'm not used to getting up so damned early and fell asleep during the 6th or 7th last night. Likely the 6th. It was already 10-2 by that point, though.

Obligatory: BLUE JAYS WIN!!!

Sweep today!?!?!

Opiate

My prediction:

1) Pirates end up with second best record in baseball
2) Go to wildcard game anyway
3) Lose wildcard, out of postseason after 1 day

If that comes true, I'm sorry, Pirates fans. You deserve better. It would be even funnier/worse if it were to happen to the Cardinals, who spent the vast majority of the season with the best record in baseball, but could conceivably lose a few games on the pirates, end up with the second best record, and be out of the postseason in the blink of an eye.

Parch

Going to be 100F in Texas. Doesn't everybody just melt into a pile of goo at those temperatures? Canadians can't relate.

My prediction:

1) Pirates end up with second best record in baseball
2) Go to wildcard game anyway
3) Lose wildcard, out of postseason after 1 day

If that comes true, I'm sorry, Pirates fans. You deserve better. It would be even funnier/worse if it were to happen to the Cardinals, who spent the vast majority of the season with the best record in baseball, but could conceivably lose a few games on the pirates, end up with the second best record, and be out of the postseason in the blink of an eye.

All of this sounds good to me.

Also I have always really liked Jake Peavy and he looked pretty great last night.

Should be a nice boost for the Giants down the stretch.

Opiate

At anyone: what teams in your division other than "your" team do you respect?

I think the Cubs are a great franchise for two reasons: first, I think their current management is excellent. Second, I am impressed by fans who stay as faithful for so long when a team has such persistent troubles winning.

I'm glad to see Pirates fans are so eager again now that their team is good. It's always a shame to see a persistently bad team start doing well and still have very few people care about them.

Edwardo

I think the Cubs are a great franchise for two reasons: first, I think their current management is excellent. Second, I am impressed by fans who stay as faithful for so long when a team has such persistent troubles winning.

I'm glad to see Pirates fans are so eager again now that their team is good. It's always a shame to see a persistently bad team start doing well and still have very few people care about them.

Honestly, probably none of them. I could go as far as "anyone who beats the Yankees" though.

The AL West is a hard division in which to find a team worthy of respect.

I think the Yankees are the only team I can really respect. Despite being gouged on luxury taxes and having a big pile of bland as its stadium, the Yankees organization is driven to succeed on and off the field and consistently fields a competitive product. Its management is smart and shrewd, it knows how to market its players and has created an intense relationship with its fans.

I hate them but I still respect the fuck out of the Yankees because

I think the Yankees are the only team I can really respect. Despite being gouged on luxury taxes and having a big pile of bland as its stadium, the Yankees organization is driven to succeed on and off the field and consistently fields a competitive product. Its management is smart and shrewd, it knows how to market its players and has created an intense relationship with its fans.

There's something about an uncompromising demand for success, when you live every year where its Pennant or Bust.

The Devil Rays can get fucked
The Blue Jays are cute
The Orioles are just straight up annoying

KC Royals, the Pirates...and even though they beat the shit out of the Yankees just now, the Astros.

Teams cultivating young talent and controlling their costs, rising up to make the playoffs and contend multiple years in a row...I miss that about the Yankees. I hope they're back to those days themselves now.

Also, those fanbases are fiercely loyal - gotta respect that.

Top Bottom