• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

At anyone: what teams in your division other than "your" team do you respect?

I think the Cubs are a great franchise for two reasons: first, I think their current management is excellent. Second, I am impressed by fans who stay as faithful for so long when a team has such persistent troubles winning.

I'm glad to see Pirates fans are so eager again now that their team is good. It's always a shame to see a persistently bad team start doing well and still have very few people care about them.

Angels earn my respect and admiration. I like that organization when Artie Moreno fields a decent team.

A team that I like in the NL is the Pirates as well. Really good team up and down and their fans are the nicest I've even met when I visited PNC Park.

rando14

Angels earn my respect and admiration. I like that organization when Artie Moreno fields a decent team.

A team that I like in the NL is the Pirates as well. Really good team up and down and their fans are the nicest I've even met when I visited PNC Park.

The Angels, seriously? The way they treated Josh Hamilton just last year was sad as fuck

Opiate

I'm really happy Kansas City is good again and that the fans have returned, as well. All it took was for the organization to not suck for decades on end.

I'm really happy Kansas City is good again and that the fans have returned, as well. All it took was for the organization to not suck for decades on end.

Me too! Love seeing KC and Pittsburgh playing well. :)

And yes, mlb.tv dropped to $9.99 for the rest of the regular season. I almost bought it two days ago for $50 for the rest of the season, glad I waited until the Jays left Texas as i can't see those games anyhow.

They also have a "get three friends to join" deal where anyone who signs up within 48 hours under my name gets it for 25% off for each person. I just need to find three people and it ends up being $2.49 each for everyone involved. Really awesome deal. :)

JDeluis

Jeezuuus! How many double plays have the Dodgers hit into today. Poor Grienke.

Edit:
5 double plays
3 from Grandal
2 with the bases loaded and
the 1 run they have came from a double play.

puig needs to take up jogging to first..he pulls his hamstring every time he runs hard

they're gonna leave the bases loaded again aren't they

Sanjuro

Jessica Mendoza will sit in for Curt Schilling on next Sunday Night Baseball

DWh16fp.jpg

Parch

That's a really small crowd in Texas. Too hot on a getaway day game a bigger factor than supporting a playoff contender.

That's a really small crowd in Texas. Too hot on a getaway day game a bigger factor than supporting a playoff contender.

A day game in late August in Dallas? I don't care if the ghost of Babe Ruth is coming back to play one game only. F that.

And c'mon Toronto fans... shaming other fanbases? Be careful how hard you throw those stones in that glass house of fandom y'all got up there.

Toronto absolves itself of blame for Parch. He's from
Edmonton

Eh, Gretzky was a'ight.

zroid

Banned
LOL I just saw the Bautista thing

WTF hahahaha

And c'mon Toronto fans... shaming other fanbases? Be careful how hard you throw those stones in that glass house of fandom y'all got up there.

Toronto absolves itself of blame for Parch. He's from
Edmonton

Parch

Not blaming the fanbase, but the scheduling. Mid week day games are never good for attendance. These getaway day games are for the team's benefit, but traveling after a night game can't be that bad, but I guess the worry is they'll miss a flight if it goes extra innings. It has to be a significant amount of revenue lost to schedule mid week day games.

It has to be a significant amount of revenue lost to schedule mid week day games.

It sure is. The Dodgers basically refused to let MLB schedule weekday day games in LA because of how bad attendance was during those games.

And a day game in August in Dallas? Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired.

It sure is. The Dodgers basically refused to let MLB schedule weekday day games in LA because of how bad attendance was during those games.

And a day game in August in Dallas? Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired.

Bruh I didn't leave my house from June to October in Texas. Fuck sitting in the sun with no possibility of shade in what's basically a giant oven at noon. Only way to make it bearable is to chug $60 worth of shit beer. And even then, fuck a lot of that.

Parch

Teams can charter a plane for after a night game. Or worse case scenario they fly out the next morning, but how often will an extra inning game force that scenario?
Weekday day games are just dumb especially when it's hot, but it seems to continue to be a scheduling norm.

Aside from the stinker in Philly and the loss today, this is the best collective road trip the Jays have had in years, capped off by the complete dismantling of the Angels.

Now time for some home cooking!

Parch

Oh well. Can't win em all. The hot melted Jay bats and cooked Batista's brain, but nobody can complain about that road trip.

Top Bottom