• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

JDeluis

I was reading that the Dodgers are looking at bringing Bolsinger back up. I would definitely do this. He is unequivocally better than Latos, Wood and Anderson. Sending him down probably cost us a couple of games in the standings.

He is back starting today. Along with Ian Thomas and Austin Barnes who started yesterday after Kikè was put on the DL for 15 days.

Dodgers also brought back Chris Heisey after being picked up by the Blue Jays last month.

And as much as Chris Hatcher has been terrible this past months, he did in excellent job last night pitching the last 3 innings.

Hey all you Jays and Dodgers fans. One of you cats should join the GAF OOTP league (where the Jays and Dodgers are both currently available) and experience the joy.

We are entering the 2017 season soon. The 2016 Series just finished with the Dodgers beating the A's for the title.

OOTP is rad. You are the GM and do stuff. It's a lot of fun. Check it out.

Malo

Banned
Alden Gonzalez @Alden_Gonzalez: The Angels' final numbers for August (approach with caution):

BA: .221 (30th)
OBP: .281 (30th)
SLG: .344 (30th)
R/G: 2.97 (30th)

I'm pissed at myself for choosing a game that the Jays lost, but that's sport. I tend to be bad luck when I go to games - at least over the last ten years. When I was younger, I saw the Leafs and Jays pound some other teams.

My problem is that I've unhealthily tied my emotions to the Blue Jays' run. I've been a fan all my life, more-so during my childhood in the 90s and over the last decade when I've been able to watch games from home (after getting satellite to replace antenna TV), but I've also been dealing with depression and have a lot of anxiety.

The Jays' big trades have made me even more excited about the team, but as a fan who follows closely, I know how hard it will be to re-sign Price and that we may lose both Buehrle and (less of a risk) Dickey this off-season. We also don't have nearly as plentiful of a prospect pool as we used to. So, if we don't win this year, who knows when we will be able to compete again.

I hadn't been going to games for the last several years, because I'm such a homebody and don't like to really leave the house. I like going to the games, but all of the travel from out of town isn't my cup of tea. But I wanted to go see a game during this season, as a fan and to say that I did. I was hoping it'd be a win, and got really anxious over whether they'd lose, and let it get to me when they did.

Royals hit w/ outbreak of chickenpox. Alex Rios, Kelvin Herrera sick, expected to miss at least two weeks. http://t.co/cM6d5OVBOD

Via twitter

Miss two weeks with chickenpox? That sounds a bit extreme.

Why couldn't this have happened during the playoffs, if it had to?

I feel bad for them, though. Chickenpox suck, and I've heard they're even worse as an adult. I got them twice as a kid.

jbug617

Banned
Lovullo announced that Hanley is not going to play the OF for the rest of the season.

Speculation is that Betts might be moved to RF so JBJ can play CF.

Miss two weeks with chickenpox? That sounds a bit extreme.

Why couldn't this have happened during the playoffs, if it had to?

I feel bad for them, though. Chickenpox suck, and I've heard they're even worse as an adult. I got them twice as a kid.

Chickenpox as an adult is incredibly dangerous. It can kill you if you strain yourself. 2 weeks is actually being a little pushy with it I think.

Malo

Banned
Jack Curry @JackCurryYES: Cashman said Teixeira will miss at least 2 more weeks with the bone bruise. The Yankees have 32 games left.

Fuck.

Also, who is this Shapiro guy? Is he a good pick up. Anything and anyone from Cleveland gets me all "do not want."

fhd011MNB_Reed_Diamond_001.jpg

He'll do great for you as long as he has a Peter Brand type to tell him what to do.

That Bird kid though... he's scary

I don't know why the chickenpox vaccine isn't administered more. Seem like a lot of people aren't even aware of it... which is bad.

Herrera was born in the DR so at least he has some kind of excuse. Rios was born in Alabama, and yeah you know Alabama jokes but come on the vaccine isn't all that expensive with even rudimentary medical coverage. His parents should feel pretty bad right about now.

Ryan Goins is amazing, and a class act.

What I love about this team is how it never gives up. Goins and Pillar give their everything on defence, as do Donaldson and Tulo - not that others don't, but it's not as flashy. Then there's the offence, pitching...

Doogdogg

Porcello is actually locating the pitches at good location. He'll probably hiccup with one of the hanging slider any minute now.

Just my luck: They'll win the game I was planning to go to but didn't. The day after I went and saw them lose.

I'll be happy but mad at myself.

Just my luck: They'll win the game I was planning to go to but didn't. The day after I went and saw them lose.

I'll be happy but mad at myself.

I think I'm cursed when I go to Jays games now. The last game I went to that they won was the 2011 season opener. Which is also the last home opener the Jays have won. Since then I've been to 7 games, and they've lost them all. My thinking is I have to go to a home opener to reverse both of our losing streaks.

Top Bottom