• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

If the Marlins had actually been smart about choosing an interim manager and chose the 3rd base coach, Brett Butler, we might not be looking for a new manager. Rumor has it that Butler confronted the front office about the way they handled the Mike Redmond situation. Butler was mysteriously demoted a few days later.

I can't wait to see what a shitshow the offseason will be.

No matter how it plays out, division series in both leagues is going to be extremely tough.

I don't want to face the Bucs, or Cubs in a short series, and I'm sure the Bucs and Cubs fans feel the same way.

I would say the ALDS will be easier (?) but only just a bit. The Astros look like a team that could be bounced early, one of the current wildcard teams also.

Also have to factor in his wrist not being 100% and is impacting his ability to turn the bat.

Yeah, the wrist is the most likely issue. A guy with that kind of talent doesn't all of a sudden lose the ability to turn on a fastball unless there's something physically wrong with him.

Opiate

He's improved year to year. A lot fewer silly bunts and he hasn't left his starters out to die on the mound nearly as often. Now if he'll only show a quicker hook in the playoffs and stop running his favorite relievers into the ground during the regular season...

I think there's a fair number of Cards fans who feel Matheny is simply benefitting from the super roster put together by Mozeliak. Which isn't wrong but Matheny deserves a lot of credit for holding the clubhouse together and getting them playing well despite the adversity this season.

As a very stat-oriented fan, I think manager is one of the few roles I believe should be almost entirely personality based. That is, I believe the most important feature of a manager is the ability to create a positive, cohesive work environment, and that all other concerns come after that.

Chris R

The jump he got
KuGsj.gif

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CN34lL7UsAANp0F.mp4

I wish the Padres were in the AL West :(

The real news is making the seats larger.

I would be happy if that happened.

I went to my first games of the year this past weekend, and it was my first time at a packed game since...I don't know, the early '90s? I really noticed the lack of seat space, and I'm not a particularly large person.

BumRush

I mean, like Frozenprince said, how many managers really are there that you would consider "good"? I'm not sure it's really a matter of disliking a manager just because he's my manager, but more that there just don't seem to be that many good ones.

Managers rarely get praised for good decisions but they get destroyed for bad ones. I think TC has been a great manager this year, although he's had slight 'pen abuse problems as of late

The Braves are really, REALLY going for that #1 pick next year. Fredi is probably on orders from Hart and Coppolella to field AAA teams for September.

This will be the first time the Braves have had two consecutive losing seasons since 1989-1990. Only their fourth losing season since 1990 (79-83 in 2006, 72-90 in 2008, 79-83 in 2014).

3N16MA

Banned
Didi has done a 180.

2nd half stats:

Headley - .322/.404/.463, .379 wOBA, 143 wRC +, 1.5 fWAR

Didi - .327/.364/.433, .348 wOBA, 121 wRC+, 1.4 fWAR

Beltran - .325/.407/.,577, .414 wOBA, 167 wRC+, 1.2 fWAR

These guys have turned it around. Beltran has been hitting well since May.

Top Bottom