• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Not sure if this was posted, but here's how Tulo found out he was going north.

Then came the blockbuster deal that sent him to the Toronto Blue Jays late Monday night, and Tulowitzki, according to sources inside the Rockies' clubhouse, found out not via a phone call but when teary-eyed manager Walt Weiss yanked him from their game in the ninth inning.

Article goes onto be a sort of autopsy on the trade. Touches on the dysfunction in the Rockies upper command.

Adding onto this, but a comment from Reddit (yeah, I know) that Rockies fans and certainly the Rox management should keep in mind:

Arenado is a Scott Boris client and I expect this is going to end up increasing the price to keep him when it comes time to discuss an extension.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Boras clients almost never sign extensions anyways so, whatever.

Banuelos is going on the DL with "elbow inflamation," Foltynewicz is getting called up again to start tomorrow's game.

Boras clients almost never sign extensions anyways so, whatever.

Banuelos is going on the DL with "elbow inflamation," Foltynewicz is getting called up again to start tomorrow's game.

Still, the fact that Arenado is a Boras client, and the bad taste the Rockies are leaving in everybody in Denver's mouth because of this trade does not bode well to Arenado. Hell, I doubt Cargo (If he isn't traded) or Blackmon will want to stay if it means getting fucked over by the GM or owner.

CLBlOdUWcAA5RZA.jpg:large

Prepping for Pedro Night at Fenway

Great deal for the A's. Hopefully that means Joey Wendle gets to come up and play some ML 2B.

Now the real test will be if he can squeeze anything at all for O'Flaherty and Mujica. Even a bag of chips would be a good get.

tim1138

As a Reds fan I couldn't hope for a better trading partner than the DBacks. We'd be able to restock the farm just by sending them Chapman!

New Dbacks promotion

"Get a free hot dog every time Aroldis Chapman throws 104 and the weather outside is 104!!!" (only ketchup allowed)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Rival exec: “I don’t think MIL is really looking to trade Gomez. Price is VERY high -- think they’re hoping to get blown away.”

Jeff Passan is reporting that the Rockies were open to negotiating money on Tulowitski with the Mets, but the Tulowitski told the Rockies he did not want to go to the Mets, so everything was aborted.

kris.

Banned
Ehhh... the Royals didn't need Zobrist for this run. They overpaid.

Dangerous game, sacrificing the future for a one-shot run.

Disagree. He'll fill in LF well (at least better than Dyson and Orlando) until Gordo comes back and after that he'll be a great replacement for either Rios or Infante. I'm super okay with this if it helps us with a championship.

Sanjuro

Humid as hell today.

Just snagged street parking, walked by Cherrington on the street, and got a pretty great ticket for $40.

Ton of Mets Pedro fans around too.

Disagree. He'll fill in LF well (at least better than Dyson and Orland) until Gordo comes back and after that he'll be a great replacement for either Rios or Infante. I'm super okay with this if it helps us with a championship.

It's a very marginal improvement for a hefty cost. I guess if it's title or bust this year, well then you got what you needed.

But it would be sad if after all these years, the Royals only get a couple good years in the run before falling back to earth.

JDHarbs

Disagree. He'll fill in LF well (at least better than Dyson and Orlando) until Gordo comes back and after that he'll be a great replacement for either Rios or Infante. I'm super okay with this if it helps us with a championship.
The thing is, even when Gordo does come back he won't be in mid-season form. We really needed a Plan B and Zobrist seems to be the answer to that.

It's a very marginal improvement for a hefty cost. I guess if it's title or bust this year, well then you got what you needed.

But it would be sad if after all these years, the Royals only get a couple good years in the run before falling back to earth.
You're making it sound like the Royals are going to clean house at the end of the year. I don't think that's going to be the case.

Top Bottom