• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: #Nationals making progress on acquiring Papelbon from #Phillies. Papelbon has said he will only approve deal if he can close.

It would surprise me if they went after a big name starter now, but surely they can upgrade Felix freakin' Doubront without giving up much? I mean, seriously. I don't think the Jays need an ace to contend, just a more reliable bullpen (which they have now with Sanchez and Hawkins), and a middle of the rotation starter.

Ian Kennedy is the name I keep hearing. Which fits what you want and comes cheap.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: #Nationals making progress on acquiring Papelbon from #Phillies. Papelbon has said he will only approve deal if he can close.

Papelbon just seems so selfish and gross. Like, I get he has to watch out for his own interests, but man that guy comes across like such an a-hole.

Would have been amazing if they could have gotten CarGo instead of Tulo, but I don't mind the trade. I love the player control for the new core group of guys, just gotta hope that Martin and Tulo don't regress too horribly right away.

Really hope they don't go after Samardzjia if it costs prospects, but the way AA is talking right now I doubt he will. I don't want Stroman to rush back before he's ready, but good god that would be a huge boost if we were in the playoff picture already.

Hey AstrosGAF... heading to Houston this weekend for the series against the Dbacks.

Aside from the Flying Saucer, any other places around Minute Maid that need going to for frosty beverages and good times?

I hear good things about The Hay Merchant... anyone been?

Flying Saucer is probably the best bar chain I've encountered. Miss that place.

Yep, always a good time. Went to what I think was the very first one back in '94 in Fort Worth and me and my buddy always find a way to go back or get to a new one.

BFIB

Cards We're "deep" into discussions for Tulo. Peralta would have gone to 3B Marp to 1B.

Crazy. My guess? Cards look at Longoria.

I didn't notice we received Hawkins in the trade, nor have I ever heard of him before.

What should I expect?

Also, Tulowitzki's contract converting to a full no-trade clause is a bit worrying. Here's hoping he'll deliver and be an upgrade over Reyes, who's had issues. I'll miss Reyes' stolen bases, though :(

You've never heard of Hawkins? He is the oldest player in the majors :p

Papelbon better not close for the Nats, Storen is on my fantasy team :(

I didn't notice we received Hawkins in the trade, nor have I ever heard of him before.

What should I expect?

Also, Tulowitzki's contract converting to a full no-trade clause is a bit worrying. Here's hoping he'll deliver and be an upgrade over Reyes, who's had issues. I'll miss Reyes' stolen bases, though :(

LaTroy is 43 years old. He has pitched to Nolan Ryan.

Expect a 43 year old pitcher.

In all seriousness, cutter/2SFB pitcher who goes really, really quick to get batters off their timing. Mets relievers do that now, we call it "the LaTroy". Nice guy, workhorse.

Good guy, you'll like him.

RGVNOE

Cards We're "deep" into discussions for Tulo. Peralta would have gone to 3B Marp to 1B.

Crazy. My guess? Cards look at Longoria.

I've wanted the Cards to go after Longoria for a few years now, I think that would be such a great pickup, I hope they look into him and make an attempt at least(if the trade makes sense of course)

BFIB

I've wanted the Cards to go after Longoria for a few years now, I think that would be such a great pickup, I hope they look into him and make an attempt at least(if the trade makes sense of course)
I'd love to get him, but it's a pipe dream.

LevelNth

Banned
Hoffman was up to mid 30's on a few prospect lists midseason. I think he's gonna be really good
Hoffman is legit, ranked 33rd best prospect overall and his fastball is completely insane. He's been clocked routinely at 101.

Personally I was super high on Castro too, he was just brought in too early. He's only 20. It's a terrible, terrible trade for the Jays.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
But Omar Infante was almost an all star!

Actually kinda doubt Alex Gordon will be back so he'll probably just play LF everyday for the Royals I guess.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Brad Pitt did good.

Daniel Robertson, Boog Powell and John Jaso for Sean Manaea, Aaron Brooks and Casey Meisner is basically the end result lol.

Guess time will tell who got the better haul for Zobrist between the Rays and A's. Robertson was looking great till he got hurt, finally came back this week. It'd be nice to see someone play SS for the Rays who wasn't total dogshit.

Its crazy to think the A's were the best team in baseball a year ago. Life comes at you fast I guess.

Top Bottom