• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

I could see that. Considering what we've paid him this year, and the year he's put together, he deserves one last shot at FA.

I just don't pay him what other teams will overpay to get him.
Assuming Waino returns and Marco isn't permanently broken, we wouldn't have room for him anyway. Use the $$$ to lock up Heyward instead.

Not looking forward to Lynn facing this lefty heavy Cubs lineup...

Meier

Great news about Latos. Jim Johnson next please. No reason to keep garbage around -- you just get tempted to be burned by it again.

This Dodgers vs Pirates series is going to be pretty huge. We get to start the series with Greinke and Kershaw. If we can win those two games, I'll be a lot more confident about our ability to beat the Pirates in a playoff series.

CarterKissCam091715.jpg

Veteran from the Battle of Peach Tree Creek.

Beckx

Welp, 10 game road trip starts now. Then home to close out the season against the Cards. Looking forward to the next two weeks a lot less than I was.

Tonight should be fun, Locke v Greinke. 0_o

So to anyone who wants to watch a literal shit show tonight of epic proportions you should tune into the Phillies-Barves game tonight.

It will hurt my soul to watch but at least I will have a cheesesteak by my side

Meier

Yahoo updated their game pages. Ugh, I liked how they were pleasantly old school still prior to this. Can we get back to just text only for game updates? Obnoxious.

Wait. Now I went back to it and it's back to being pretty old school looking. Hmm.... Looks like it depends on how you access it for the moment. But this is how it looks if you click off the main sports page so this is obviously where we're headed.

Beckx

Good article on Fangraphs about the takeout slide generally and how to change the rules to prevent injury. Ultimately they suggest implementing the college rule:

SECTION 4. The intent of the force-play-slide rule is to ensure the safety of all players. This is a safety and an interference rule. Whether the defense could have completed the double play has no bearing on the applicability of this rule. This rule pertains to a force-play situation at any base, regardless of the number of outs.

a. On any force play, the runner must slide on the ground before the base and in a direct line between the two bases. It is permissible for the slider’s momentum to carry him through the base in the baseline extended (see diagram).

Exception—A runner need not slide directly into a base as long as the runner slides or runs in a direction away from the fielder to avoid making contact or altering the play of the fielder. Interference shall not be called.

1) “On the ground” means either a head-first slide or a slide with one leg and buttock on the ground before the base.

2) “Directly into a base” means the runner’s entire body (feet, legs, trunk and arms) must stay in a straight line between the bases.

Which makes sense to me. Why owners don't insist on this change is what's crazy to me - do they really want to see money they've spent on players get flushed for something like this?

Kang injury hurts so much :(

I've been trying to be positive but yeah, same. Just lost a lot of enthusiasm for the remainder of the year. :/

jbug617

Banned
Red Sox vs Jays in Montreal for 2 preseason games next year.
http://nesn.com/2015/09/red-sox-blue-jays-to-play-in-montreal-for-preseason-series-next-spring/
The Boston Red Sox and Toronto Blue Jays will play a short two-game preseason series at Olympic Stadium on Friday, April 1, and Saturday, April 2. It will be the third consecutive year the Blue Jays will play a preseason series in Montreal but the first for the Red Sox.”We are very excited to play in Montreal next spring, and we thank Paul Beeston and the Blue Jays for this opportunity,” Sam Kennedy, the Red Sox’s executive vice president and chief operating officer, said in a statement.

“We have seen over the last few years that the City of Montreal has demonstrated a strong passion for baseball, and with the significant presence of Red Sox Nation in the Province of Quebec and all of eastern Canada, the energy and atmosphere of the games should be electric.”

Not a fan of whiz. Prefer provolone. I'm ok with american though. Give me onions and some hot peppers and we good.

But na this place here doesn't offer whiz. At least as far as I know. They don't advertise it at least.

Yeah, i prefer provolone. Whiz doesn't agree with me -- only asked cos it's rare to find Whiz out of Philly. I think there's a place in Brooklyn which serves it with Whiz but the rest is pretty crap.

FYI, that's Jimmy Carter and his wife.

Sheeeeeeeeiiiiiit.

Of course, Jawja Jim is a Braves fan!

Yeah, i prefer provolone. Whiz doesn't agree with me -- only asked cos it's rare to find Whiz out of Philly. I think there's a place in Brooklyn which serves it with Whiz but the rest is pretty crap.

Sheeeeeeeeiiiiiit.

Of course, Jawja Jim is a Braves fan!

Yeah it is hard to find whiz outside of philly but since I never get it on it's not like I have really tried to find a place at least

zroid

Banned
the only thing stopping the Cubs from winning the world series this year is that the Mets are the team of destiny

also the Cubs will never win the world series

billeh

the only thing stopping the Cubs from winning the world series this year is that the Mets are the team of destiny

They had their miracle Mets thing in '69 that burned the Cubs, not having any of it this year.

Plus we're 7-0 against the Mets this year, so ...

Wow, getting destroyed by Starlin today. Feels bad man.

Starlin's been awesome since his benching. Something like .380/.400.

Gonna be a heated weekend series

Second HBP to Rizzo was definitely intentional, though it only grazed his pant leg while the retaliation HBP to Holliday literally hit him in the head

Chris R

Seeing all the back and forth between the Mariners and Angels subreddits the past few days has been fun.

Wouldn't mind it one lick if we get swept by Texas and Houston just to keep the Angels out of the playoffs.

My "if not the Mets" list is as follows in order of preference

1. Blue Jays
2. Pirates
3. Royals
4. Astros
5. Cubs*
6. Rangers
7. Doyers
8. MFC
9. MFY

*were in second place before the Kang incident.

3N16MA

Banned
Ah damn...although this is great news,we knew it was coming again but we didn't know which team...I was hoping for another big announcement,like the Expos will be back in 3 years or something lol...oh well,baby steps I guess.

Put a team in BC.

Top Bottom