• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

zychi

Banned
Did you actually watch the slide yet? Because I can't believe you did based on these comments.

You should read the thread. It's literally a few posts above yours.

Why would Cards fans be predisposed to whine about this? Your boy just took out someone who has had our number all year, he did the Cards a favor.

Because thats what 90% of them do. Whine and moan about the Cubs for no reason. I've met a few exceptions in my life, our own nemss being one of them, but the majority of Cards fans have this weird obsession over the Cubs and hating on Cubs players for no reason

Even Kang's interpreter says he doesn't think it was dirty. It sucks he got hurt, but its part of the game and not illegal. All he had to do was jump.

Beckx

wow that kang injury totally sucks :(

pirates are totally fucked

TBH the team position hasn't really changed. Cutch, Polanco, Marte, Walker, Harrison, Cervelli, Alvarez - we got offense. It's the same situation as before: can the top starters get a hot hand that the team can ride through the playoffs.

Kang was a huge contributor and really kept the team afloat when a lot of guys were struggling. Losing him is awful. He was awesome to watch and I want the guy to have a long career with the Bucs. But it's not the end of the season.

harSon

Banned
TBH the team position hasn't really changed. Cutch, Polanco, Marte, Walker, Harrison, Cervelli, Alvarez - we got offense. It's the same situation as before: can the top starters get a hot hand that the team can ride through the playoffs.

Kang was a huge contributor and really kept the team afloat when a lot of guys were struggling. Losing him is awful. He was awesome to watch and I want the guy to have a long career with the Bucs. But it's not the end of the season.

Kang was like the one person we couldn't afford to lose. He's versatile, has plus defense, knows how to get on base and is clutch offensively. But the most important reason is the fact that Jordy Mercer has been awful offensively, especially since coming back from his injury.

Kang was like the one person we couldn't afford to lose. He's versatile, has plus defense, knows how to get on base and is clutch offensively. But the most important reason is the fact that Jordy Mercer has been awful offensively, especially since coming back from his injury.

Yeah Kang can play 3B/SS/2B with relative ease and is a plus or serviceable defender at all three. Plus you just can't replicate his bat with a platoon. His spot in the order is incredibly important because he was the #4-5 hitter and tasked with bringing men home.

Beckx

Not arguing he wasn't important (that's like, the last thing I'd do because I've been talking about the dude since spring). Just that the team can survive and the big question in the playoffs hasn't changed. If the Cole from Monday afternoon shows up in the playoffs they can go far. If not, they won't.

harSon

Banned
Here's a GIF of the takedown:
FluidAltruisticAmericanrobin.gif

I'm more convinced than ever that this was a scumbag move. You can see in the dirt where a typical slide would start. Dude doesn't hit the ground before he's destroying Kang's knee.

BFIB

I remember when Holliday took Scutaro out at 2B in almost the same fashion. To the player, you just want to break up the DP. Sucks for the Pirates, it's a big loss.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Met fans, do you guys know if for games that are sold out, if the Mets hold onto some tickets to sell on gameday?

Top Bottom