• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Malo

Banned
Month long avatar bet that the Yankees win the series?
Your confidence is appalling. Let me do this.

I can't turn down this challenge.

I nominate this avatar
image.php

In fact, I'm gonna up the ante on this: if the Mets win the WS everybody in this thread has to wear it for a week.

Edit: In case anybody gets any funny ideas, all my posts on GAF come from a galaxy far, far away from where he resides.
Download-File

3N16MA

Banned
Outside of the Nats what other .500 team have the Mets beaten since the deadline? They are about to drop this series, got smacked around by the Pirates, beaten by a near .500 Rays, and split a series with the near .500 O's.

Fuuuuck.

I only watched the beginning of the Jays' game, as I'd been up all night and figured I'd catch Blue Jays in 30 tonight. But as I was sleeping, I heard someone say that they'd lost, so I checked the score and watched the highlights as soon as I woke up.

Crappy defence for once in a blue moon. Damn.

And the Yankees won, of course. Thanks Mets.

Fuuuuck.

I only watched the beginning of the Jays' game, as I'd been up all night and figured I'd catch Blue Jays in 30 tonight. But as I was sleeping, I heard someone say that they'd lost, so I checked the score and watched the highlights as soon as I woke up.

Crappy defence for once in a blue moon. Damn.

And the Yankees won, of course. Thanks Mets.
That's what you get for trusting another blue team.

Marz

Harper is going to be National for most of his career. They are not going to let him get to Free Agency.

You don't think Harper is going to want to play for the greatest franchise in professional sports who will pay him the most money?

You're delusional. Plus Boras is his agent.

jman2050

Harper is going to be National for most of his career. They are not going to let him get to Free Agency.

There's zero chance Harper takes a long extension instead of testing Free Agency. Maybe he delays it a year longer with a new short-term deal after his current contract finishes but the man is going to get paid. Whether it's by the Nationals or someone else.

There's zero chance Harper takes a long extension instead of testing Free Agency. Maybe he delays it a year longer with a new short-term deal after his current contract finishes but the man is going to get paid. Whether it's by the Nationals or someone else.

agreed. I think the Nats would have to overpay big time to get him to sign the extension

Really sad to see that Harvey doesn't have the competitive spirit. We need an influx of Japanese pitchers to prove what it means to love the sport. #respectthesport #playthegametherightway #makeamericagreatagain

Beckx

Happy to take 2 of 3 from Dodgers. Now for 4 against Rockies, then 3 at Cubs and 3 at home against Cards. Still a chance to take this thing. Gotta get within striking range for that final series.

Malo

Banned
Any of you good with Photoshop and making avatars? I need help with making avatars for the two souls I took from mets gaf.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So, what the fuck are Harvey and the Mets going to do come postseason? Take him out after 5 still?

Fucking diva.

Parch

The Harvey the Diva story is sad. If he had concerns then it should have been brought it up mid season and it should have been discussed behind closed doors. To do this publicly during a critical pennant race is incredibly selfish and I bet he's lost a lot of respect throughout the league. Gonna cost him $$$ in the long run.

I regret buying last minute tickets to that shellacking the Mets got from the Bankees last night.

What the fuck at Harvey leaving after the 5th?!?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2015/09/21/matt-harvey-innings-limit-mets/72561896/

The Mets plan to make this look even sillier by having Harvey pitch perhaps only three or four innings in his next two regular-season starts.

And in the postseason? Who knows? Is he limited to five innings? Is it 60 pitches? Is there a time limit?

Harvey's primadonna bullshit is getting old. Either get Boras out of the picture or shut him down.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

jman2050

Putting Harvey for 3-4 innings isn't all that bad an idea if the Mets had the bullpen to support the remaining innings without melting down. But they don't.

It's pretty funny how this ultimately won't matter at all if the Mets win the division like they should and he pitches full games in the playoffs. And yet if Washington improbably comes back, well, shit is going to hit the fan hard.

I would rather have Logan out there, then having Harvey out there pitching 3/4/5 innings.

With deGrom and Syndergaard both struggling and approaching their innings limits, the Mets are going to be stuck with Matz, Verrett, Colon, and Niese.

God, this better not be 2007 all over again, I swear.

Seriously Matt Harvey has destroyed our season with his selfishness. There's no doubt in my mind this has killed the clubhouse.

If the Nats get it to three before that series, I fear for the health of Mets gaf.

I won't watch. I know what'll happen if we lose all three and need a 1 game play in, at Washington.

Seriously Matt Harvey has destroyed our season with his selfishness. There's no doubt in my mind this has killed the clubhouse.

I won't watch. I know what'll happen if we lose all three and need a 1 game play in, at Washington

PLEASE. STOP.

I don't need to hear this right now. I was at that Marlins series in 07.

I will be pulling my hair out in chunks if it comes to that again.

Top Bottom