• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Parch

Samardzija trying to salvage a horrible season. So inconsistent.
What the hell happened to this guy? He was predicted to have a breakthrough season and be one of big targets at the trade deadline. Instead his control was all over the place and he was serving up cookies right down the middle. Terrible season.

SRTtoZ

What is Kay saying?

Saying that he doesn't buy Harvey hanging his head like he is sad after getting taken out since it was Harveys decision, and how much of a phoney Harvey is. He's any other cartoon character except the Dark Knight, etc.

The Harvey the Diva story is sad. If he had concerns then it should have been brought it up mid season and it should have been discussed behind closed doors. To do this publicly during a critical pennant race is incredibly selfish and I bet he's lost a lot of respect throughout the league. Gonna cost him $$$ in the long run.

I doubt it will. Teams don't care about things like this. If he continues to pitch as well as he has, he will get a monster contract. The whole thing is being blown so out of proportion. Teams look out for themselves all the time at the expense of players (see the Cubs holding back Kris Bryant) but players are expected to "sacrifice" themselves for the sake of the team/fanbase. I don't buy it.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I definitely agree with Harvey bring a phony. This was your fucking plan, so stop acting upset that you're being taken out early. Just shut the fuck up and continue drawing up your Yankees mega-contract with Scott Boras.

Saying that he doesn't buy Harvey hanging his head like he is sad after getting taken out since it was Harveys decision, and how much of a phoney Harvey is. He's any other cartoon character except the Dark Knight, etc.

Such a farcry from the initial scouting reports of comparing the guy to Roger Clemens.

I doubt it will. Teams don't care about things like this. If he continues to pitch as well as he has, he will get a monster contract. The whole thing is being blown so out of proportion. Teams look out for themselves all the time at the expense of players (see the Cubs holding back Kris Bryant) but players are expected to "sacrifice" themselves for the sake of the team/fanbase. I don't buy it.

Nobody gives a shit if he wants to save his arm. Hell, if he talks about his limit being a flat, hard 180 in April with flexibility if we're in post season contention in September than nobody would care. In fact I'd be behind him 100%. I'm STILL behind him wanting to save his arm, he should absolutely want that and the Mets want that too. As does every single fan we have.

What people are angry at him over is that he lied to the fans, he forced the team to abandon the 6 man rotation until now so he wouldn't be fresh for Sept/the playoffs, he lied to Sandy Alderson, he's just been completely disingenuous to the organization in this. Which is stupid because he absolutely didn't have to do this.

Boras likely leaked all this to the public 3 weeks ago to get them to back Harvey, and it backfired, and now it's out and in the open and there is no saving it. A team absolutely does care if a players agent is trying to manipulate or lie to them. Boras isn't buying himself goodwill across the league here.

Boras isn't buying himself goodwill across the league here.

Scott Boras hasn't given a shit about goodwill across the league since 1983.

His job is to get his client the best contract he can. And he could not care the smallest of f's less if people across the league don't like him.

A team absolutely does care if a players agent is trying to manipulate or lie to them.

More like "A team absolutely expects a players agent to try and manipulate them"

Scott Boras hasn't given a shit about goodwill across the league since 1983.

His job is to get his client the best contract he can. And he could not care the smallest of f's less if people across the league don't like him.

That's the point, using things to get leverage in negotiations is one thing but outright lying to an FO about things is a whole nother ball game. You have to have trust and faith in contract negotiations. Im' sure he lies all the time, but getting caught in one on the national stage isn't conducive to furthering his clients best interests.

Nobody gives a shit if he wants to save his arm. Hell, if he talks about his limit being a flat, hard 180 in April with flexibility if we're in post season contention in September than nobody would care. In fact I'd be behind him 100%. I'm STILL behind him wanting to save his arm, he should absolutely want that and the Mets want that too. As does every single fan we have.

What people are angry at him over is that he lied to the fans, he forced the team to abandon the 6 man rotation until now so he wouldn't be fresh for Sept/the playoffs, he lied to Sandy Alderson, he's just been completely disingenuous to the organization in this. Which is stupid because he absolutely didn't have to do this.

Boras likely leaked all this to the public 3 weeks ago to get them to back Harvey, and it backfired, and now it's out and in the open and there is no saving it. A team absolutely does care if a players agent is trying to manipulate or lie to them. Boras isn't buying himself goodwill across the league here.

Haven't the Mets known about the innings limit as well though? Didn't they know this was coming regardless of if Harvey and Boras handled it poorly publicly?

Seems on point. Clemens a phony too.

Well yeah, but Clemens was also one of the most competitive pitchers in the last 30 years.

Hearing that Harvey is looking out for his pocket during a pennant race instead of competing just sours me on the guy.

Haven't the Mets known about the innings limit as well though? Didn't they know this was coming regardless of if Harvey and Boras handled it poorly publicly?

It's really hard to believe Terry Collins didn't have a contingency plan for this. I would think Boras would've told him and Sandy early in the season.

That's cool.

He'd be a big boost to that pen.

Part of me would rather them just shut him down until next year

Then part of me remembers this

hrlpgo_jpg_medium.gif

Sandy said right after all this came out that they talked about it before the season and he said the plan was 180-185, but if they were in contention that they'd need another start or two out of him and he and Boras okay'd it.

The Los Angeles Dodgers will make Mets fans dreams come true if you accept an autographed picture of Kershaw and Greinke, a game-worn Yasiel Puig jersey, and Carl Crawford. All of this in exchange for Matt Harvey. A great deal.

BFIB

We get Waino back, but now it looks like once again, Molina may be out of posteason play. Partial torn ligament on his left thumb.

That's the point, using things to get leverage in negotiations is one thing but outright lying to an FO about things is a whole nother ball game. You have to have trust and faith in contract negotiations. Im' sure he lies all the time, but getting caught in one on the national stage isn't conducive to furthering his clients best interests.

It's not.

But if the Ben McDonald or the Todd Van Poppel or the Brien Taylor or any of the Alex Rodriguez or the time he got Matt White and Bobby Seay declared free agents through a loophole getting them $25 million more than they were supposed to get or any of the JD Drew or the Kevin Brown or the Adrian Beltre or the time he got the 2007 CBA altered to get a deadline for draft picks to sign, or the countless other deals this guy has done or shady shit he's pulled that has put him on the shit lists of every MLB owner hasn't stopped those clubs giving his clients record breaking contracts, this sure as hell won't either.

Choomp

Banned
Oh fuck Niese tonight? This is a game the team desperately needs and should probably take, just for the sake of confidence within the team/fanbase.

Parch

Good start. Let's see another big 1st inning for the Jays.

Big series. There's a good opportunity to stick a fork in this division race.

Top Bottom