• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

JoseDFrog

Banned
All I ask is that you Blue Jay fans stay consistent during the playoffs. Stay cocky or bust. No crying over every lost game, pretty please.

zroid

Banned
I think he'll be alright.
It's Sanchez who probably lost the 8th inning job after the quick hook. He has these bouts of wildness that make him risky. I don't think he gets another shot in a critical situation until he proves he can pitch a clean inning. Even then, I'm not sure he should be the 8th inning guy.

I'm a big Sanchez supporter but I basically agree, there's no reason he needs to be "the guy" when we have Cecil and Lowe who are also up to the task.

Even through Sanchez's recent "struggles", you'd be hard pressed to be find hits he's allowed which weren't just ground balls finding holes. That's what I was saying yesterday, all of his grounders were finding gloves in July and August, now the BABIP is catching up to him. But as much as he's been unlucky recently, he still struggles to strike guys out which is what you generally want from a shut down reliever. Combined with some bad free passes, and you've got an ugly looking streak going.

Sanchez's best asset is his ability to get GIDPs at basically any time. So even if he walks someone (which he will), the runner can become a non-factor immediately.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
EzSCWTW.jpg

Wat

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Don't feel too special. He follows over 560,000 people. Even follows me too. LOL.

Yeah, I noticed that. I thought it was a hack or something.

Just weird that it came out of nowhere like that, considering I never mentioned the Blue Jays, except that one time I was yelling about then not keeping Valencia since he has been destroying the Astros lol.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Wait, Mike Foltynewicz had blood clots in his arm so they surgically removed part of one of his ribs? MedGAF, halp

JDeluis

Yeah, I noticed that. I thought it was a hack or something.

Just weird that it came out of nowhere like that, considering I never mentioned the Blue Jays, except that one time I was yelling about then not keeping Valencia since he has been destroying the Astros lol.

I was surprised too. I don't really write anything on my account and have never mentioned the Jays. I just use to follow news sites and contest. I felt special too into I saw all how many people he is following. :(

Yea, I'm shutting the game off.

1st inning and already down 1 to the Yankees.

gg Estrada.

Seriously? that is fucking ridiculous. The Jays haven't even hit yet. You have the best offense in baseball.... giving up in the first inning is pathetic. Even if your pitching is meh outside of Price and a couple bullpen guys, your offense keeps you in it.

BigAT

Seriously? that is fucking ridiculous. The Jays haven't even hit yet. You have the best offense in baseball.... giving up in the first inning is pathetic. Even if your pitching is meh outside of Price and a couple bullpen guys, your offense keeps you in it.

Seats on the Jays bandwagon are quickly abandoned.

orochi91

You can tell almost immediately how shit a pitcher is gonna be from the first couple batters.

Since my initial post, Estrada has already surrendered another run.

This game is over; Yankees will likely have scored at least 6 runs by the 6th inning.

Marz

Has Chase Headley ever gotten a big hit in his life?

Every time I see him come up in a big spot he doesn't do anything. What a bum.

You can tell almost immediately how shit a pitcher is gonna be from the first couple batters.

Since my initial post, Estrada has already surrendered another run.

This game is over; Yankees will likely have scored at least 6 runs by the 6th inning.

Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. Give it a chance. It is quite often for guys to have a shit first and to rebound and settle in the rest of the game.

The Jays could also easily have 6 by then as well.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I like this new thing with MLB.TV showing highlights during the commercial breaks. Much better than just staring at a "This game is in a commercial break" message.

Malo

Banned
Joe Frisaro@JoeFrisaro: Indications I've heard #Marlins have already engaged in discussions with Dusty Baker. Unsure when. But this process has been ongoing

RIP Jose Fernandez.

Top Bottom