• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

eyeless

A lot of teams do but I'm glad the Jays have their eyes on the prize. I am not throwing a parade for a fucking wild card.
it would be ok if they kinda smile more than a regular win

i would sign off on that

tbh, we haven't made the playoffs since we won the world series 22 fucking years ago which i don't even remember, i'm not planning a parade but i will be grinning

also 6-0 indians don't let me down you are a quality baseball team

edit: based cleveland, 1 back

JDeluis

Colorodo fans celebrating like they're about to clinch for the postseason. Im surprised to see that many people in the stadium.

zroid

Banned
Just out of curiosity, obviously there is much more parity in the AL than the NL this year, so I'm wondering how many NL teams are worse than every AL team?

Never mind their records since that's not too meaningful when comparing leagues. Just based on the rosters.

I would say Rockies, Braves, and Phillies for sure. How about the Reds and/or Brewers?

I want the Bucs to take the central out from under the Cards so bad so that the Cubs can (hopefully) beat them in the Wild Card game.

Then whoever wins that better beat the fucking Mets if they beat the Dodgies
It's funny how the NL East fanbases seem to hate the Cards almost as much as the NL Central ones :lol. I guess the Marlins are the only NL East team who hasn't had their postseason hopes crushed by them in recent history.
what Marlins fans, m i rite?

It's funny how the NL East fanbases seem to hate the Cards almost as much as the NL Central ones :lol. I guess the Marlins are the only NL East team who hasn't had their postseason hopes crushed by them in recent history.

I just think everyone hates the Cards and rightly so.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Braves fans have a good argument.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Angels gonna win. Astros going to have a 1/2 game lead on the 2nd wild card and I want to go drink.Total fucking disaster.

Angels gonna win. Astros going to have a 1/2 game lead on the 2nd wild card and I want to go drink.Total fucking disaster.

Chin up man. If Texas stays hot we Angels are gonna get wrecked in our last regular season series.

Even if we catch the Astros there are still plenty of games left to maintain wild card spot.

This next week is gonna be brutally anxious...

zroid

Banned
apparently despite the Jays' magic number being 1, they have technically clinched a wild card berth due to the schedule

so... yay

Congrats, Blue Jays! No thanks to the Angels, though.

Even if they didn't officially clinch tonight (I'm drunk and not interested in math), they'll still undoubtedly do it. Here's hoping the wild ride will continue.

I didn't get to see the game, but from the sounds of things it was pretty good outside of a rocky start.

My Aunt and Uncle have tickets for tomorrow's game, and my friend -- who's not even a Blue Jays fan, really -- has some for Sunday. I'm jealous.

If the Angels win the wild card, they're going to go balls deep into the Royals after what happened last year.

I remember last year being relieved the Angels would be facing the Royals instead of Oakland because they'd been a tough team for us to beat that season in the division. So I thought we'd have a chance at advancing...

Then the sweep happened, dreams were crushed, and I've resented the Royals since haha.

If the Angels win the wild card, they're gonna get a one game shot at Yankees... Pretty sure we got busted up pretty bad when we played there this season. I'm not optimistic.

cashman

Banned
So looks like all the playoff spots in NL are settled. Not technically yet, but it's virtually impossible for the Giants to win now.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I saw that the Cubs have clinched a playoff spot...

Phase 1 complete...

3ioYxwE.jpg

...soon.

zulux21

gah stupid astros have to start winning. I have accepted that the twins suck to much to catch the yankees and pass them and thus the yankees will likely have one of the wild card spots, but if the astros don't start winning soon it will be the angels that get the other one which would just be poopy as I don't want to see the angels or yankees in the playoffs thus I need the astros to start winning so they can knock out the yankees during the play in game as tor + KC + Tex + HOU sounds like a wonderful crop of teams for the playoffs this year. (i'd be torn on who to root for. I picked HOU as my mid season replacement team for the white sox, KC I like to see some sucess for, Tor well Mark Bhurle is on there and I wouldn't mind if he got another WS ring, tex I don't have much interest with but don't mind seeing them there)

the national league would take longer to get to just teams I want to see in the playoffs as I would need the pirates to advance and then take down the cards and for the mets to take out LA, then I don't care who wins between the mets and pirates (would root for the pirates though)

Part of me also wouldn't mind seeing the cubs advance to the world series only to get swept in a horrible one sided mess along the lines of the total scores of the 4 games is something like 53-4 lol.

Top Bottom