• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Link

The Autumn Wind
So I saw that the Cubs have clinched a playoff spot...

Phase 1 complete...

3ioYxwE.jpg

...soon.
I won't lie. If the Mets get knocked out, I'm rooting for the Cubs just for this reason.

AA has had his fair share of critics in the past, but one thing you can never criticize him for is not having a go.

Yea I was one of them.

I'm still a little shocked he managed to pull off those deals.

Of course, he still needs to get Rogers to fund a pursuit of a starting pitcher, relievers, fill gaps in the lineup for 2016.

Yea I was one of them.

Of course, he still needs to get Rogers to fund a pursuit of a starting pitcher, relievers, fill gaps in the lineup for 2016.

Hopefully the TV ratings are up enough that Rogers sees how much more money a winning team brings in. The extra sellouts probably don't hurt, either.

Considering how bare the farm system now is, they'll probably need to be more active on the free agent market.

zroid

Banned
I have a feeling the Canadian Dollar could throw a wrench in those expanded budgetary plans

even with all the sellouts and playoff revenue, it has to be hurting

I'm happy for Mets and Cubs fans because I like both franchises, but please don't take out the Blue Jays. This may be our only chance.

You can win another year, deal?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm happy for Mets and Cubs fans because I like both franchises, but please don't take out the Blue Jays. This may be our only chance.

Cubs last won 107 years ago. if we were to lose to any team... i'd want it to be to them.

the cubs winning was old news when the titanic sank

Isak_Borg

This is the Mets' year.

We probably have the best pitching rotation in baseball and going to kill it in the post-season.

This is the Mets' year.

We probably have the best pitching rotation in baseball and going to kill it in the post-season.

No crappy NLE teams for them to beat up on in the postseason, though. Have you looked at their record outside of the division? They're basically a .500 team with a bloated record thanks to all those games against the Marlins, Braves and Phillies.

Isak_Borg

No crappy NLE teams for them to beat up on in the postseason, though. Have you looked at their record outside of the division? They're basically a .500 team with a bloated record thanks to all those games against the Marlins, Braves and Phillies.

Nah, Bro!

Like you gotta factor in they had no hitting until after the Cespedes trade where everyone seemed to figure out how to hit the fucking ball. How many of those games were lost because we couldn't get runs for our pitchers?

Like really bro, LIKE REALLY! DO YOU EVEN MET?

zroid

Banned
this might have changed since the Nats continue to wither away but about a week ago, I believe the Nats and Mets had the exact same BaseRuns record. In other words the only difference between them was cluster-luck. :lol

I still think the Mets are the team of destiny

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Choomp

Banned
Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Yup, we've always seen teams sneak their way into the postseason and win the World Series. Just for my sake I'm still going to be pessimistic(and yeah, it makes the most sense) but it's always interesting to see some really big time players not show up for the playoffs.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
If the Cubs end up winning the World Series, I will have to look to the sky to make sure the 4 horsemen aren't riding.

Caja 117

Yea I was one of them.

The GM and Gibbons did a great job in the Trade deadline and managing down the stretch as if they really wanted the team to win, unlike other GMs and Manager who have overstayed their seat for far too long. Injuries didn't help the Yanks for sure, but there is no excuse on how Cashman and Girardi handled themselves down this crucial part of the year.

Congrats to my Jays bros for the clincher, lets hope Yanks can do that as well, but a one game playoff in baseball just makes me barf.

wbsmcs

If the Jays win today it will be the first time they've been 14 games above .500 since
JUNE 6 2014

Last time >14 games
'93

EDIT I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE

The free MLB.TV game of the day is the Rays @ Jays game. You only need an mlb.com free account and not a paid subscription. The game is free for those who can't watch on TV!

ShaneB

The free MLB.TV game of the day is the Rays @ Jays game. You only need an mlb.com free account and not a paid subscription. The game is free for those who can't watch on TV!

Saw this and was getting a blackout restriction. I'm at work which has a US ip, so who knows what the heck is going on.

Listening via the At Bat app on my phone instead. Great start!!!

JDeluis

Won't the Jays team playing the same two teams under .500 teams through the end of the month just end up affecting them in the postseason by giving them to much confidence?

Top Bottom