• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

zroid

Banned
Padres are something else

Never heard of Cordero, but a lot of people at Bluebird Banter seemed to be pretty high on Tirado. Not sure what the appeal of Revere is, though at the very least he gets Colabello out of LF, which has to be a plus.

I think they paid too much for him but he sounds like a useful #9 hitter. won't take away PAs from Tulo et al in the 9-hole but will help them from the speed/pest angle

After looking into it a bit more, I feel okay about the Haren trade. I feel like he is a ticking time bomb as a starter, and he has given up a lot of home runs this year, even in Marlins Park.

The SS we got is probably not going to make the majors, but the RHP could have some potential as a #5 starter or a bullpen guy. He throws a lot of strikes, but doesn't have any overpowering pitches. Reminds me a bit of Tom Koehler, but we will see.

Meier

I wonder what the Dodgers are going to do about Joc. Been an absolutely horrible July for him and I can't imagine things get any better soon. Obviously we knew there'd be a regression based on his age and strikeout propensity but I almost wonder if he'd be better off going back to the minors for a few weeks to get his groove back.

Parch

I like the Revere addition, although I don't know much about the prospects given up. If there was a weakness in the lineup it was LF so he fills it nicely. Colabella's defense was horrid so that's a major upgrade, and Revere 9th or maybe even leadoff replaces the speed lost. I like it, and he's not a rental. AA said he had 3 or 4 outfielders in the mix, so he was definitely getting a LF.

AA says he wasn't close to getting another SP so go get more bullpen depth. Lowe is good and the Jays bullpen is pretty damn solid now.

I'm all in now. Blue Jay additions really fill some holes and they should have a good run at it now. Lose the wildcard and it's a fail, but get to the divisional and it was all worth it.

Malo

Banned
Mark Feinsand @FeinsandNYDN: Cash said Severino will make his next start for Yankees. Date TBD.

Let the Severino era begin.

Huh, Rangers traded Cody Ege and Tomas Telis to the Marlins for Sam Dyson.

So an AA LHP who we might promote to AAA this year and a future back up catcher, not a bad return.

I wonder what the Dodgers are going to do about Joc. Been an absolutely horrible July for him and I can't imagine things get any better soon. Obviously we knew there'd be a regression based on his age and strikeout propensity but I almost wonder if he'd be better off going back to the minors for a few weeks to get his groove back.

Joc's hit the rookie wall. He got dloaded and McGwire needs to earn his money and help him with his mistakes. Or give the hitting coach job to either Tim Wallach or John Valentin

RGVNOE

So Moss and Broxton that's it? damn what shitty moves from Mo, we needed an impact bat, or just a good bat, the pitching has been the strong point, the offense is what's lacking and they go and get more pitching

BFIB

So Moss and Broxton that's it? damn what shitty moves from Mo, we needed an impact bat, or just a good bat, the pitching has been the strong point, the offense is what's lacking and they go and get more pitching

Either the asking price was too high for the bat we needed, or Mo felt that the pitching needs to be ridden as hard as it can.

He went w/ the latter. Damn shame when Lackey goes 8 innings, gives up 2 hits one HR, and loses the game because our offense is dead at this point.

#fireMabry

Malo

Banned
Mark Feinsand @FeinsandNYDN: Cashman said Severino will have no innings limitations once he comes to the majors. "We prepared for this."

I don't believe you.gif

RGVNOE

Either the asking price was too high for the bat we needed, or Mo felt that the pitching needs to be ridden as hard as it can.

He went w/ the latter. Damn shame when Lackey goes 8 innings, gives up 2 hits one HR, and loses the game because our offense is dead at this point.

#fireMabry

Imagine how Jaime feels they've been shutout during 4 of his starts, I hate that they're always looking to make pitching moves and don't pay as much attention to the hitting

BFIB

The Mets gave up their #7 and #16 rated prospect for Cespedes.

The Cardinals gave up their #4 prospect for Moss.

Could really use RBH's .gif right about now.

RGVNOE

hate seeing what other teams give up to make some big moves when the cards always move for less

BFIB

hate seeing what other teams give up to make some big moves when the cards always move for less

Yeah, hard to tell, and hindsight is always 50/50. Cespedes literally got moved in the last half hour, so its possible that asking price was a lot higher right up until the end.

RGVNOE

Yeah, hard to tell, and hindsight is always 50/50. Cespedes literally got moved in the last half hour, so its possible that asking price was a lot higher right up until the end.

yea, but if that's true makes me wonder why Cards don't make last minute attempts like this, maybe they could've gotten something good

BFIB

The Cespedes deal is interesting, because the Tigers had to do something. He's not arb. eligible, he cannot get a QO. The Tigers literally lose him and get nothing in return, so something is better than nothing.

But I would iimagine they would have liked Kaminsky. :(

lvpRxXG.gif

Or

d2TLQfG.gif

?

3N16MA

Banned
Mark Feinsand @FeinsandNYDN: Cashman said Severino will have no innings limitations once he comes to the majors. "We prepared for this."

I don't believe you.gif

No Joba rules. I guess this is the move that negates getting a SP or at least that is the way Cashman sees it.

Severino is the most exciting call up since Montero.

RGVNOE

The Cespedes deal is interesting, because the Tigers had to do something. He's not arb. eligible, he cannot get a QO. The Tigers literally lose him and get nothing in return, so something is better than nothing.

But I would iimagine they would have liked Kaminsky. :(

wonder if Mo even asked about Cespedes

Top Bottom