• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Gant is an interesting project. Whalen is a career AAA pitcher.

Still with the WAR/$ value of the deal, I think the Mets come out markedly ahead of neither meet projections.
From the Braves' perspective, I'd rather have two potential 4th starters/relievers than those two guys for the rest of this lost season. How the Mets did on the trade really comes down to how their offer compared to others on the market.

zroid

Banned
0V4S9LA.png

HELP

RBH

I watched Moneyball again last night. Such a nice movie to watch after a long week. Holds up well on multiple views for me. I'll never get tired of watching the lead-up and the culmination of the OAK/KC game.

zroid

Banned
speaking of baseball movies, Field of Dreams on Blu-Ray is only $3.99 at amazon.ca right now! I just ordered it

tim1138

While BaseWars was awesome, I was expecting the title to reference the roster updates on this..

Greatest baseball game of all time

I watched Moneyball again last night. Such a nice movie to watch after a long week. Holds up well on multiple views for me. I'll never get tired of watching the lead-up and the culmination of the OAK/KC game.

I've probably watched Moneyball ten or so times and it never gets old

jbug617

Banned
Yanks checking in Hamels but not willing to trade what Phillies would want.

@Ken_Rosenthal #Yankees contacted #Phillies on Hamels, sources tell me and @jonmorosi. PHI likes Judge; NYY not planning to move Judge, Bird, Severino.
@Ken_Rosenthal: Cashman: “We’ve had conversations with every club willing to sell, finding out what they’re willing to sell and what their price tags are.”

@Ken_Rosenthal: Cashman added: “You engage everyone about everything.” Standard operating procedure for #Yankees at this time of year.
‏

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
My buddy in Chicago just texted me saying Price to the Cubs is done but iI can't find anything else about it. That's fake, right?

When Oakland loses in the ALDS at the end, that VO is supposed to be Joe Morgan, right?

3N16MA

Banned
Yanks fans approve of Latos? Signed only through this year, only 27, was once one of the top young pitchers in the game, low cost compared to Hamels or Cueto. I can see Cashman trying to pull that off if he can't get anything bigger.

Yanks fans approve of Latos? Signed only through this year, only 27, was once one of the top young pitchers in the game, low cost compared to Hamels or Cueto. I can see Cashman trying to pull that off if he can't get anything bigger.

He was a bust in Miami. What makes you think he'll thrive in New York?

3N16MA

Banned
He was a bust in Miami. What makes you think he'll thrive in New York?

I'm not saying he will thrive I'm asking if Yanks fans see it as a good move. He would basically be a rental as he is only signed through this year and he has pitched better (look past the ERA). Injuries have slowed him more than anything and while his velocity is down from his Padres and Reds days it has picked up from last season.

Just seems like a move Cashman would make if he can't land anything bigger.

Top Bottom