• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I know it sounds dumb but Joc needs that too. Or at least a series off

They were saying that he might not even pitch down there. Just send him down for a few days since they have that option. They burned Fiers last night (Who was supposed to start today) and called up Straily to spot start for tonight. I think that was the main reason why. They needed a starter and LMJ is the one that can be optioned.

Henry Owens has a tall task in order tonight against the Stanks.

Last Boston LHP to make his major league debut in NY was Vaughan Eshelman who threw six scoreless IP in 1995.

Before him, it was Billy Mohr who went 8.2 hitless IP in the Stadium before giving up a single with the Bombers down to their last strike in 1967.

Parch

Power bat who can't hit for average. Just never lasted in the show for long. Played 108 games though so, better than most guys.
I wonder what the record is for players who never got a shot at the show. Usually if they're showing some pop in their prime, they at least get a cup of coffee.

Joe Bauman was a 1B in the 40s and 50s, hit .337 with 337 home runs in the minors. Played 9 years. And he's the namesake of the award given to the minor league player with the most home runs in each season.

He played 850 miles from the nearest big league park in a part of New Mexico best known for alien spacecraft. On the road he drove the team bus. And at home he got up early to work in one of two Texaco service stations he owned.

That was 1954, the year Roger Bannister became the first to run a mile in less than four minutes and when Hank Aaron started his own record-breaking major league career. It was also the year that separated Joe Willis Bauman, first baseman for the Roswell Rockets, from all the thousands of men who played baseball professionally. For in that year Bauman hit 72 home runs, becoming the first in history with more than 70 in a single season.1

Nor was that all. He set two other all-time records in 1954. His 456 total bases in 498 times at bat produced a slugging percentage of .916. He also became the first to hit 50 or more home runs in three successive seasons. And if that cake needed any icing, he batted .400 that summer.

Regardless of why, his record earned no major league calls although San Francisco of the Pacific Coast League did contact him. But Bauman liked Roswell and agreed to the same salary for 1955. He hit 46 home runs and batted .336.

More at the link.

Parch

Cringe-worthy. Is that supposed to be good?
That was a bit more extreme than normal, but he goes off like this frequently. He's not afraid to speak his mind. He's trying to be the Don Cherry of baseball in Canada.

I like how Jamie Campbell was just trying to be invisible. He'd shit himself if Ventura and Zaun had a fight on the Sportsnet set on the concourse of Rogers.

That was a bit more extreme than normal, but he goes off like this frequently. He's not afraid to speak his mind. He's trying to be the Don Cherry of baseball in Canada.

I like how Jamie Campbell was just trying to be invisible. He'd shit himself if Ventura and Zaun had a fight on the Sportsnet set on the concourse of Rogers.

Agreed. Campbell is to Zaun what McLean is to Cherry. A moderator who only pipes up to keep him in line.

Unlike McLean, Campbell isn't a little shit heel.

Late but poop. 2 games in a row where we should have won. Here we go, another shit streak incoming.

I'm concerned about Joe Panik's injury. Back injury is no joke. Odd-year-itis.
They'll always have 1993 over us...oh wait, they shit the bed against the Phils who we would have smoked that postseason. lol ATL postseasons.

Gatdammit that fucking season. Not even winning 3 in 5 helps with the pain.
Fuck Barves. Fuck Fred McGriff. Fuck Solomon Torres. Fuck Dusty Baker too for starting Solomon Torres.

ampere

As much as I hate New York teams, seeing Cespedes and Colon doing well together is really cool. Both fun players to watch

So apparently Sanchez gets a 3 game suspension and Gibbons 1 for the KC incident.

image.php

Top Bottom