• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salvador Perez may have blown out his knee in the WBC tonight after a collision at the plate with Drew Butera. Perez couldn't put any weight on his leg and had to be carried out.

RBH

C6ekzwRWAAEixWv.jpg:large

C6QpTxwWYAEnTXh.jpg:small

C6aCcaAXEAAqWdP.jpg:small

Freddie Freeman is the modern day Dale Murphy. That guy ain't never leaving Atlanta and will be a folk hero for decades to come, just like Murph.

clav

Can't decide who to keep among Alex Bregman, Charlie Blackmon, and David Dahl to go along with my 3 other keepers: Mookie Betts, Gary Sanchez, and Trea Turner.

Can only pick one.

Blackmon would cost me a 2nd round pick, but I'm not sure how his performance is going to match his peek two years ago. Doesn't steal bases as much. BABIP is high. Plays in Coors + top of the lineup.

Dahl is hurt, but he could replace Blackmon who had some lingering injury issues last season. BABIP is very high. Plays in Coors. Could possibly not start this season.

Bregman isn't really playing WBC and might play SS later this season.

I'm leaning towards Bregman.

I'm questioning Trea Turner.

Can't decide who to keep among Alex Bregman, Charlie Blackmon, and David Dahl to go along with my 3 other keepers: Mookie Betts, Gary Sanchez, and Trea Turner.

Can only pick one.

Blackmon would cost me a 2nd round pick, but I'm not sure how his performance is going to match his peek two years ago. Doesn't steal bases as much. BABIP is high. Plays in Coors + top of the lineup.

Dahl is hurt, but he could replace Blackmon who had some lingering injury issues last season. BABIP is very high. Plays in Coors. Could possibly not start this season.

Bregman isn't really playing WBC and might play SS later this season.

I'm leaning towards Bregman.

I'm questioning Trea Turner.
Questioning Turner? lolwut. And I don't see why Blackmon can't replicate what he did last year. Betts, Blackmon, Turner is a solid OF.

clav

Questioning Turner? lolwut. And I don't see why Blackmon can't replicate what he did last year. Betts, Blackmon, Turner is a solid OF.
I'm putting Turner to fill 2B as I think that's always a difficult position to fill.

C, SS, 2B are difficult positions to find production in H2H. Sometimes 3B if someone is hoarding them.

Not sure about Blackmon due to injuries.

People were down on him a couple years ago, but he proved a lot of analysts wrong.

So you're not high on Bregman? I think he's ready for a breakout.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Bregman.

But I'm extremely biased. ;)

He's due for a breakout.

Hopefully he doesn't get that sophomore slump.

Canada manager Ernie Whitt says his team will never compete in WBC until all of the professional Canadian players agree to play in event

Good. Tell Canada Baseball that there is no point sending lambs out to slaughter if all you are going to do is get also-rans and people looking for a quick payday with MLB teams alongside one or two decent players.

If Hockey Canada did this for their Olympic rosters, sending out one or two good junior players with the rest being people tredging Europe and the AHL, people would be howling for blood.

Or hell, strip down Canada Baseball down to the very frame. They sure seem to be doing fuck all in bringing up the kids into established players.

Anthony DiComo‏Verified account
@AnthonyDiComo

Follow
More
As for his illness, Syndergaard says he's been feeling under the weather for a month and a half. Seen a doctor multiple times, no diagnosis.

#MetsDoctor fucking up

Beckx

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/r...manny-japan/bjwGSwvDdJIRGD1JUMgzhO/story.html

At a press conference at which his No. 99 jersey (identifying him simply as ”Manny"), a translated summary of the proceedings on the Yakyudb.com website reveals that:

1) Ramirez will have use of a Mercedes and driver
2) Practices are optional for him
3) He'll get a hotel suite on the road
4) He will receive unlimited sushi for the entire season.

here's the actual yakyudb post (because Gen is awesome and should get credit)

did boston globe list the reason he's going with Manny? it's actually pretty cool: he figures that Ramirez in Japan is synonymous with Alex Ramirez (star for Yakult Swallows & Tokyo Giants, advisor to Orix, and as a first year manager in 2016, led DeNA to the playoffs, well loved & goes by the nickname Ramichan). so he goes with Manny.

just so people are clear: the Koichi Fighting Dogs are a team in an independent league, not related at all to NPB.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
@AnthonyDiComo

Follow
More
As for his illness, Syndergaard says he's been feeling under the weather for a month and a half. Seen a doctor multiple times, no diagnosis.

#MetsDoctor fucking up

wait wait

@AnthonyDiComo

Terry Collins says Noah Syndergaard's mystery illness is a lingering case of bronchitis. So at least he has a diagnosis. #Mets

Trout is watching WBC, sad he's not there, and says he'll play in 21.

....after he gets a massive contract in free agency. It's so transparently obvious what he is doing.

It’s Easy Being Old, But It’s Hard Being Andrew McCutchen

“Old” isn’t disconcerting.

We know what we’re seeing when Chase Utley and Ichiro are more salt than pepper up top, or when R.A. Dickey sneaks slop past hitters who weren’t born when he was drafted. To watch a former star at the end of his career is to look back on a professional life that was well lived and will continue until the player decides it’s time.
What’s disconcerting is Andrew McCutchen playing right field.
From the moment McCutchen first set foot on a big league field in 2009, he was a lock for a high OBP, with about 20 home runs and 20 steals every year. McCutchen went on to post three straight .300/.400/.500 seasons with three straight top-three MVP finishes, and he did it all with style and a huge grin on his face. Mike Trout is the crew cab version of what McCutchen was from 2012 to 2014.

Meanwhile, no matter what they do, the Pirates are unlikely to catch the Cubs in the NL Central; PECOTA projects the Pirates to finish 81–81, in second place and 12 games behind Chicago. And their status as a small-market team, while frequently exaggerated, limits their ability to spend. As if that weren’t complicated enough, the Pirates have two well-rounded young outfielders who could replace McCutchen — Marte and Gregory Polanco — and in Meadows will soon add a third.
In other words, it’s a complicated situation, and would remain so even if Pirates GM Neal Huntington knew exactly how good McCutchen would be in 2017.
Growing old is scarier than being old. When you’re old, at least you know where you stand.

wait wait

@AnthonyDiComo

Terry Collins says Noah Syndergaard's mystery illness is a lingering case of bronchitis. So at least he has a diagnosis. #Mets
I had viral bronchitis in December/January and it took me like 5 weeks to get over. Was a pain in the ass. On topic Puerto Rico vs DR is gonna be sick tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom