• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Macattk15

This is the year Felix goes down with an elbow injury .... 2nd game with 5 walks this season .... and the lack of velocity.

Just go get it fixed Felix!

zroid

Banned
Perhaps the most unfortunate thing about the Kevin Pillar Leadoff Experience™ is that just when Gibby finally realizes what everyone else knows and decides to move him back down, he's going to go on one of those patented 2 week stretches where he hits like .500. And then we'll be back to square one just in time for him to turn into a pumpkin again.

zulux21

He was looking for something like 3/60 so no. Considering the contracts that guys like Ortiz and Beltran got, I'd say the Rangers got a decent enough deal and I don't really have a problem with it.

I'm glad you are fine with it as you root for them, but it just outright a bad deal.

it's at best market cost for a 38 year old made at a time that didn't need to be made at all as a bad season from him would have done nothing but make his price go down in the off season and very little could have moved it up.

just because a player is looking for 3/60 doesn't mean that 2/36 is remotely a good deal for them.

also beltran got 3 mil less per season and ortiz got 2 mil less per season.

i mean if he can match his last few years that would be a solid signing, but odds are greatly in favor of him getting hurt this season or next season and never being the same again, there just wasn't a good reason to increase that risk by signing him now for that amount instead of waiting for the off season and signing him for that amount if he had a decent year.

zulux21

Enjoy it while you can, friend.

im enjoying what I can get.
the yankees are 2 games below .500 and my team has the best record in the AL. doesn't get much better than that 10 games in :p
granted my team will lose today as the rays offense suddenly finds their ability to drive in runs thanks to john danks on the mound... but there are 4 other good starts on the white sox rotation at least.

Jesus.

If it weren't for our defense we would be smoked right now.

Poor Young.

Looks like we're going to the Bullpen reaaaaaaal early.

Yost is gonna need to do something with Young, either replace him with someone in the Bullpen as a starter and put him as a reliever.

Who do you replace him with? Maybe Duffy, but he was a dumpster as a starter last season. I guess shift Medlen up to four in the order, and skip Young as a fifth starter when able.

But Young is better than this and will still give us solid outings every so often.

Who do you replace him with? Maybe Duffy, but he was a dumpster as a starter last season. I guess shift Medlen up to four in the order, and skip Young as a fifth starter when able.

But Young is better than this and will still give us solid outings every so often.

Gee is the same but younger and with at least some upside. Slot him in.

Chase17

Wonder if the hit Estrada took is throwing him off. We haven't been able to hit off him at all in either start until that.

Twins on a win streak!

I would go with the latter.

Maybe he will come through. I don't want to fuck with the rotation too much and then the players feel they aren't valued when they are moved around, and that just makes things worse.

But Young has just gotten worse each game. Maybe putting him in as 5th of rotation would get some pressure off of him. It's just such a sharp down tick. Unless we win this, each game we lost has literally been when Young was pitching.

Still early though. Not even out of April. I guess trust in the rotation right?

Need about 9 more runs for me to feel good about the A's chances today.

Haha. You never know with the Royals right?

EDIT: Moose with a great catch!

One more inning of this deadlock and I'm just gonna go play more The Show

Top Bottom