• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

logZtYy.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
its sad that this question can even be asked:
12:14
Ben: Who hits more home runs this year: Bryce Harper or the Braves?
12:14
Dan Szymborski: Braves will in the end
braves hit 100 hrs last year. Will probably hit less this season.

wbsmcs

Anyone else in Jays-GAF see the Mark Shapiro piece Rogers did? It's not terrible. Clearly biased in his favour, although given the idiotic nature of the criticisms he's faced I'm not sure how that could be avoided.

People hate him here because he comes from *gasp* Cleveland!

What people fail to realize is that I would say he's won most of the moves he's made there.

The doc started with the Bartolo Colon deal where he got Sizemore, Brandon Phillips, and Cliff Lee.

He later sent Cliff Lee and ended up getting Carrasco.

Managed to get Michael Brantley from the Brewers for Sabathia who later jetted to the Yankees.

I don't know how much he knew when he traded for Corey Kluber but that turned out pretty well.

On top of all that, drafting guys like Lindor, Kipnis, Salazar.

He built a pretty damn good team in Cleveland for the foreseeable future.

RBH

In Triple-A Gwinnett #Braves loss tonight, Foltynewicz line: 5 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 BB, 5 K. Threw 49 strikes in 92 pitches
He'll probably be lights out in his next start, given his up-and-down trend so far. Just needs some consistency!

People hate him here because he comes from *gasp* Cleveland!

What people fail to realize is that I would say he's won most of the moves he's made there.

The doc started with the Bartolo Colon deal where he got Sizemore, Brandon Phillips, and Cliff Lee.

He later sent Cliff Lee and ended up getting Carrasco.

Managed to get Michael Brantley from the Brewers for Sabathia who later jetted to the Yankees.

I don't know how much he knew when he traded for Corey Kluber but that turned out pretty well.

On top of all that, drafting guys like Lindor, Kipnis, Salazar.

He built a pretty damn good team in Cleveland for the foreseeable future.

Look, whatever with all that, man.

The Blue Jays are SEVEN AND SEVEN after 14 games of this season!

You think that's acceptable? Well, that might fly in Cleveland, but we're talking about TORONTO man. Welcome to the big leagues, maybe?

If Shapiro was worth one single solitary shit, the Jays would be 14-0 or, at worst, 12-2.

It was a puff piece. A media trying to protect the company's investments. We're all getting played. You're getting played, I'm getting played, we're all getting played, and you're playing yourself with all this gobbleypoop construct you've fabricated for yourself.

Shapiro has to go. It all has to go. Burn the stadium to the ground. We're talking the Jays man. .500? Not good enough. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS.

Windu

Braves alter rotation: Williams Perez tonight, Julio Teheran moved to Wed. Matt Wisler still pitches Thurs.
I guess Perez can't be worse than Julio right now....but eww.

image.php

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
according to what I can read, it is... but if you're telling me you get them in Vancouver i'm confused

i'll try to contact support tonight and see what they have to say

They used to be blacked out, but the last few years have been good to go for me, so, I dunno.

Windu

They used to be blacked out, but the last few years have been good to go for me, so, I dunno.

The Jays in Canada are in a very weird black hole for MLB.TV

from what I read before the season started, the general consensus was that the Jays were not blacked out in Canada, although that could change at any moment and that as shown above, YMMV

It's St. Louis, bro. Remove the "reportedly" part.

I went to Chiefs games were drunk dudes were screaming the same stuff at our OWN PLAYERS. Everything is worse in St. Louis, from the baseball, to the racism, to the BBQ.

Get rid of St. Louis. Make America Great Again.

The whole state Missouri is shit.

I like how the only sources in the article are random Twitter people swearing they heard something on TV, despite the article noting how ESPN went through the footage and hasn't found anything, and how there are no audio clips of it anywhere (which you would think would be posted by now if mics actually did pick anything up)

Yeah, there's literally no audio of this. But it's the Cardinals and Deadspin, so

It's St. Louis, bro. Remove the "reportedly" part.

I went to Chiefs games were drunk dudes were screaming the same stuff at our OWN PLAYERS. Everything is worse in St. Louis, from the baseball, to the racism, to the BBQ.

Get rid of St. Louis. Make America Great Again.

:lol at thinking Kansas City is some enlightened place

Chris R

even if the pitching was good, the bats are dead right now. ideally that turns around soon or it will become a very long season.

Ya, Angel's pitcher wasn't throwing the best game I've ever seen and still just straight killed them.

But letting the opponent bat around on you before you've seen a single pitch isn't the best way to start a game. Energy just kinda left the place after that.

I was also considering buying a hot dog and smothering it in ketchup then posting a picture of it in this thread but $6 is an expensive joke to make :(

Jarrod Dyson is starting in right field for the Royals tonight. Dyson hype! I've seen at least three balls hit to Fuentes so far this season that Dyson would have caught with no problem.

He's never had a full season to show what he can do, but he's got a solid OBP and all-time great speed. Hope his oblique holds up.

The salt from NHL-GAF filtered down here?

No Hotdogs Lost
(to ketchup)
- Gross As Fuck.

Jarrod Dyson is starting in right field for the Royals tonight. Dyson hype! I've seen at least three balls hit to Fuentes so far this season that Dyson would have caught with no problem.

He's never had a full season to show what he can do, but he's got a solid OBP and all-time great speed. Hope his oblique holds up.

No Hotdogs Lost
(to ketchup)
- Gross As Fuck.

I know it's hard to cheer for anything from St. Louis.

Parch

Time for Baltimore's reality check.

Drop Pillar in the lineup, starts hitting, so drop him even more. Makes sense to bat him 9th as the sorta kinda 2nd leadoff hitter.

Top Bottom