• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

BigAT

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Mets pitchers now have as many home runs as the Braves' second basemen, shortstops, third basemen and outfielders combined.

First 3 run HR for a Mets pitcher since Ron Darling in 1989.

Ron Darling was part of a trade with Walt Terrell to come to the Mets.

The last Met pitcher to hit 2 HR in a game was Walt Terrell.

Today is Walt Terrell's birthday.

Mets radio on the ball tonight.

Also: geeked up beyond belief to go see Kershaw and Bartolo tomorrow night.

First 3 run HR for a Mets pitcher since Ron Darling in 1989.

Ron Darling was part of a trade with Walt Terrell to come to the Mets.

The last Met pitcher to hit 2 HR in a game was Walt Terrell.

Today is Walt Terrell's birthday.

Mets radio on the ball tonight.

Howie is the best. So glad more people are learning that.

I'v been involved in Baseball for 22 years and it's seriously the most insane stat I think I'v ever seen.

3 walks. 64 K's.

Unreal. Greatest pitcher I'v ever seen.

Barring injury he's got a chance to go down as the GOAT, probably up there with Clemens. Depends on the longevity. I know, PEDS, but whatever look at some of Clemens' numbers, it's insane. Kershaw's resume is pretty crazy too. Just turned 28 years old and he's already got 3 Cy's and an MVP.

wbsmcs

Barring injury he's got a chance to go down as the GOAT, probably up there with Clemens. Depends on the longevity. I know, PEDS, but whatever look at some of Clemens' numbers, it's insane. Kershaw's resume is pretty crazy too. Just turned 28 years old and he's already got 3 Cy's and an MVP.

Pedro should have had 5 Cy's.

He was putting up sub 2 eras when mid 3's was considered elite. If he didn't have injury problems in his mid 30's he might be number 1.

Holy shit...just saw that Clemens won a CY at 42

Pedro should have had 5 Cy's.

He was putting up sub 2 eras when mid 3's was considered elite. If he didn't have injury problems in his mid 30's he might be number 1.

Pedro is easily my #1.

His 99' is far and away the best pitching season ever, Doc in 85' is second, then there's a pretty big drop to the field for third.

Pedro def up there but Clemens' longevity was insane. Both have a case for GOAT.

His K% during his twilight years makes it hard for me to argue against the guy. I mean he had a prime of, what, 20 years? That's unreal.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
XvXKNmI.jpg

Thor is up.

I will never understand Terry's love affair with him.

You're telling me T.J. Rivera or Reynolds cant give you what soup does without the black hole spot in the lineup?

I think he has nudes on Terry.

He's pulling 97 mph pitches....

Dude is the perfect player.

If he can get his command to the level the other top-10 guys are at, he'll be unstoppable.

Edit: For those not watching or reading this later I really can't emphasize enough that he JUST, and I mean JUST, missed that third HR.

Top Bottom