• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

zulux21

ah... much like that texas game last month... this is the type of game that can be a turning point
COk0azO.png

down 7-0 and come back and tie it in the 9th down 9-7 and win it in extras.
that can get the good vibes going.

BFIB

I'm thinking bullpen this season, maybe starter next (although given Lynn will be back at least 2 starters would have to go). Dean Kiekheffer's time is just about over

I could see bullpen come September when the rosters expand, but I see the Cards doing a low level trade if they need bullpen arms in the short term. Starting pitching has been excellent the past 15 or so games, so if they start going deeper in games, it'll shave off some of the bullpen rust too. I wouldn't rock the boat right now, it seems like this team is starting to fire on all cylinders.

I could see bullpen come September when the rosters expand, but I see the Cards doing a low level trade if they need bullpen arms in the short term. Starting pitching has been excellent the past 15 or so games, so if they start going deeper in games, it'll shave off some of the bullpen rust too. I wouldn't rock the boat right now, it seems like this team is starting to fire on all cylinders.

I dunno, I think Reyes could be lights out in the bullpen. But so could Tui so maybe the walks are too big a concern.

I dunno, I think Reyes could be lights out in the bullpen. But so could Tui so maybe the walks are too big a concern.
I just can't see them stashing Reyes in the MLB bullpen in June/July when he could be refining his command as a starter in AAA. Especially since he shouldn't be seeing high leverage situations ahead of Rosenthal/Siegrist/Oh (i.e. putting him in the Broxton role).

He'll definitely be up in September if he's healthy.

Pete Rose making sure to get an early start telling everyone that Ichiro's NPB hits don't count

Not like this, Mr. Rose. Must be frustrating for him to realize that Ichiro will be in the Hall and he won't. Tough luck, Pete. He'll be a posthumous hall induction, which sucks but there you have it. There are certainly far worse people in the HOF who have committed worse crimes than Pete.

Still...
#everyichirohitcounts

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Matt Baker ‏@MBakerTBTimes

#Rays announce Friday's Pride Night will be dedicated to victims in the Pulse shooting. Proceeds from remaining tickets go to victim fund

That is awesome of them. Bravo.

Beckx

Cole confirmed to the DL

Taillon recalled and will start tonight

@DTonPirates
Cole’s move to DL retroactive to June 11. Good news is doesn’t appear to be any structural damage & he could re-join rotation in a few wks.

Chris R

Well, maybe the Mariners can win tonight! Though at this point I wish every day was like yesterday!

Can't lose on rest days!

If you like the long ball, I highly suggest you tune in to the Royals tonight. We've got Chris Young on the mound. I feel like picking up a six pack to prepare.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Anthony DiComo ‏@AnthonyDiComo

David Wright is discussing possible neck surgery with Dr. Robert Watkins in consultation with #Mets doctors. Will come to a conclusion soon.

Recovery time is 3 months at the minimum.

Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN

Mets plan to activate Travis d'Arnaud from the DL next Tuesday. He will rehab with Las Vegas over the weekend.

And

Andrew Vazzano ‏@AVSNY

Matt Reynolds and Rene Rivera are the only "healthy" people on the bench tonight, and Terry never uses his second catcher, so...

Beckx

Welcome to the big leagues, Taillon, your first game is dueling Thor, your second is deGrom, and your third you get the Cubs.

Edit: it's going to be hilarious if they set up this "HR contest for pitchers" and still have it when Otani comes over. Also, Otani had 31 pitches 99-101 mph in his start Sunday. Have I mentioned that?

Beckx

in the grown men acting like babies department, Root Sports Pittsburgh blocked Pittsburgh / ESPN radio guy David Todd for calling out the fact that they didn't have radar gun stats up for the first 40 pitches

and then tweeted that it's just "whining about graphics"

-------------

Taillon's stuff is fantastic through 6. i don't think the Bucs realistically have any shot this year, even at the playoffs, but watching this is reason to get excited for the future.

Top Bottom