• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Beckx

this is a pretty good day

my favorite pitcher (Kohei Arihara, Fighters) threw a complete game 3 hit shutout this morning, and Taillon was lights out tonight

new zelda looks cool too

Mortemis

Banned
This game against Tampa, that one against Texas

JUST throwing Ws away like they are going out of style

I'm getting tired of this shit man.

Looking at their next couple series, the M's will probably be out of contention by the all star break if they keep up this garbage.

zulux21

white sox are still putting up a fight. just got a 2 run home run, can they get 3 more runs to tie it up again?

nope :p

still didn't look to bad aside from the starting pitching.

Branduil

It's amazing how unbelievably bad the Rangers' bullpen is outside of about 4 guys. Like they literally are incapable of getting outs.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
boooom giants win

Bum weny 8 innings and gave up 2 runs, and his season ERA still went up.

He also went 1-2 at the plate with 2 walks along with that hilarious sequence at the end:

http://www.mccoveychronicles.com/2016/6/14/11942814/sf-giants-recap-brewers

Think about that deciding run, though. There were two runners on in the seventh inning of a tie game, with one out and the pitcher’s spot coming up. The pitcher in question was at 100 pitches. There’s no Play-Index search we can run, no instant database of managerial leaps of faith. But I don’t know if we’ve seen anything like that for decades.

The best part? Well, there are two. The first is that Will Smith, quality major league reliever, was absolutely unwilling to throw a fastball in the strike zone, choosing instead to miss with several breaking balls. Bumgarner started the at-bat with runners at first and second, and he finished it with a walk and a run scored. The official scorer assigned the RBI to abject fear instead of Bumgarner. He was right to do so.

The second best part is that Bumgarner’s OPS is .605 after Tuesday night. Here were the options to pinch-hit for him, with each player’s OPS:

Jarrett Parker, .680
Trevor Brown, .666
Conor Gillaspie, .532
Mac Williamson, .494
Ramiro Pena, .000

It’s possible that Bumgarner was actually the best hitter of the bunch, at least based on 2016 stats. Parker vs. Smith would have been a grotesque lefty-on-lefty mismatch, and the added benefit of Bumgarner is that he would absorb an inning that the bullpen wouldn’t have to.

It might have been the right strategic move after all. Good gravy. I'm not sure if I'm mad at the bench or infatuated with the pitcher. Maybe both.

Now, I don't really think that Bumgarner is a better hitter than Williamson, but I’m also pretty sure that the Brewers don't know that. They treated the pitcher like he was Barry Bonds with a base open, even though he was a pitcher without a base open. And, heck, maybe they were right to be that careful. Still, it decided the game, and I haven't stopped giggling.

Reyes was DFA.

No surprise. Story is the bonafide SS for the Rockies now.

It's pretty obvious the Jays won that trade. It was obvious from the get-go, it's just set in stone now.

Though I get the feeling Tulo is still not very comfortable in Toronto. And I doubt he ever will be.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Has Reyes learned to play third?

Edit - Jesus, Reyes has around $35 million left on his contract lol.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ESPN going all-in on the Cubs hype:

Fchev4q.png

Gonna make the postseason disappointment so much harsher.

Now that hockey is over I'm going to try and get back into baseball. I've been kind of out of it for the last 3 years with really only caring about the playoffs but I do miss it. Just hope I can find the time.

Top Bottom