• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Cards are 40-37. When is the shakeup going to happen?

They're still solidly in the wild card race. Rather just stay course and see what happens because division is unlikely.

Maybe do the Mozeliak special of trading for a reliever or someone with an extra year of control (ala Lackey and Moss). I don't see where a position player could fit, except maybe CF but even then I'm not sure what CF that's an upgrade would also be available.

no.gif

JDeluis

Kershaw back finally went out from carrying this team on it for the last 3 years.

Dodgers will pretty much need a miracle to make the postseason now.

zulux21

bleh... I can't get video to load on the ps4 mlb.tv app anymore.

it just spins forever, audio starts right up though.

on pc the video constantly hangs and crashes :/

why is mlb.tv so much shittier this year :/

edit: there is a windows 10 app and it seems to be running for me. but it also seems to be like 10 seconds behind my browser stream that is likely a few seconds behind live because it keeps freezing from time to time.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
You can forgive him, he's still recovering from the Kershaw news.

Are there details yet on the 2 minor leaguers the Doyers traded away?
2:01pm: The Braves are acquiring left-hander Phil Pfeifer and right-hander Caleb Dirks from the Dodgers, reports Joel Sherman of the New York Post (via Twitter).
edit: the dodgers also get the myth, the legend, Dian Toscano.

edit2: Dirks was drafted by the braves. sent to them for international bonus slot last year.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The Padres getting Paddack for Rodney is really interesting though. Gives me hope that Vizcaino could net some real value.

Windu

Maybe he's the PTBNL?
OOooo i didn't notice the PTBNL. either a 2016 draft pick (unlikely) or ......Hector. One can only hope.
#Dodgers have acquired RHP Bud Norris, OF Dian Toscano, a player to be named later and cash considerations from the Atlanta Braves.
probably a shitty org filler

Windu

Braves signed All Star Omar Infante to a Minor League deal. Albies sent down to AA. Albies and Swanson up the middle in Mississippi. Awesome.
Omar Infante will join the Braves in a few days on a Minor League deal. This materialized after decision was made to send Albies to @mbraves
Wait wat

Wat

Wat

Wat
and it was for Kershaw.

zulux21

1 run lead, tying run on second.

of course robin calls in fat albers.

here's hoping he gives up back to back to back to back to back home runs and finally gets it in robins head to stop using him :/

keep in mind his first 10 appearances or so he didn't give up any runs.

edit: he managed to not give up any runs thanks to adam eaton being in RF

The Miami Marlins have acquired RHP Fernando Rodney from the San Diego Padres in exchange for RHP Chris Praddack. He's expected to be the 8th inning guy to setup A.J. Ramos.

Still looking ok in the wild card standings. Play .550 ball til September and we be good

E: LOL @ Marlins trade. David Phelps having a better season than Rodney. Sucks if Phelps gets bump

Chris Paddack currently has a 15.25 K/9 and 0.64 BB/9 in A ball, FWIW (that's a 49% K rate and a 2% BB rate)

I'm sure we are about to see another Padres rebuild. I doubt Kemp and Upton are there after the trade deadline. More so Kemp.

I don't think they would trade Myers but he would get the biggest return for them.

zulux21

white sox are over .500 again finally.

it also is apparently the first time they have won 3 series in a row this year despite a 23-10 start.

here's hoping their heating up is better than the astros.

as the white sox really need to keep it going if they want to make the playoffs this year.

jbug617

Banned
It's gonna happen, especially with Frank Wren in the Red Sox front office now. Wren completely torched the Braves minors for the major league team.

I would be shocked if they traded Moncada this early, since they paid $62 million for him and he's terrific.

Benintendi I can kind of see though.

Benintendi might stay because the Sox really don't have a good prospect in the OF. Moncada is blocked as of now. I wonder if Dombrowski would sell high on JBJ.

When he called the Pirates for Cole they told him they want Bogaerts. Miami told them they are keeping Fernandez. I guess we wait to see what Billy would want for Gray. I don't want Tehran in the AL East.

gamz

The Miami Marlins have acquired RHP Fernando Rodney from the San Diego Padres in exchange for RHP Chris Praddack. He's expected to be the 8th inning guy to setup A.J. Ramos.

Loved Rodney as a Cub last year. Charecter.

Marlins bullpen was impressive as hell when the Cubs played them.

I'm sure we are about to see another Padres rebuild. I doubt Kemp and Upton are there after the trade deadline. More so Kemp.

I don't think they would trade Myers but he would get the biggest return for them.

Would anyone really want Kemp, though?

They were probably banking on trading Jon Jay, but he broke his arm

Would anyone really want Kemp, though?

Only if the Pads picked up most of the $50m+ left on that contract. No one's paying actual good money to pay a guy who hasn't had a WAR > 1.0 since 2012.

I'm not sure if you understood. The Dodgers just officially acquired Norris.

bud-norris-baseball-headshot-photo.jpg

RIP in peace, Doyers.

Screw that.

Where's Queso at? I need your Sonny Grey!

Ehhh, if they dealt Sonny now it'd be a goofy decision. The peripherals are okay, outside of the elevated home run and walk rates. He's under control for 3 more seasons after this, and is just going into first year of arbitration. Unless the prospect haul coming back is overwhelming, just don't see how trading him makes any sense. Shrug.

Top Bottom