• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Amazing turnaround from the start of the week to the end. They better keep this up through the Nats series.

Anthony DiComo ‏@AnthonyDiComo

They outscored the Cubs 21-8 during the 2015 NLCS. They've outscored them 24-9 this series.

gFyjE8V.gif

Choomp

Banned
Thrilled with this display after the Nats series. Chasing someone as good as Jon Lester out of the game like this is definitely good for the team. Still early in this game though, and Noah still hasn't looked like himself

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thrilled with this display after the Nats series. Chasing someone as good as Jon Lester out of the game like this is definitely good for the team. Still early in this game though, and Noah still hasn't looked like himself

It is a great sign that they are beating the best pitching staff in the NL. And even if the Cubs have stumbled as of late, they are one of the best teams in the NL.

I hope this boosts the Mets confidence. But the Marlins have a funny way of knocking down the Mets when they are on a high.

RBH

mlbf_548700183_th_45.jpg

mlbf_549221183_th_45.jpg

The Braves and Marlins will honor the nation's servicemen and servicewomen by playing a regular-season game at Fort Bragg tonight, the venerable North Carolina military installation.

The first professional contest of any sport to be played on an active military base, the Fort Bragg Game is slated for 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 3rd, at a newly constructed 12,500-capacity ballpark, Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association jointly announced Tuesday. The game will be broadcast nationally on ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball, ESPN Radio and MLB.TV.

The Braves will be the home team on the new ballfield, which will be converted to a permanent softball facility for those who serve at Fort Bragg as a gift from MLB and the MLBPA through the joint Industry Growth Fund.
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/166636990/braves-marlins-play-fort-bragg-game-on-july-3

Much needed performance after the Nats series.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
This Cubs collapse is really incredible, wish the Cardinals would've taken advantage and won a few of those 1 run games

Wayne Randazzo ‏@WayneRandazzo

It's amazing how much time a great 30 games can buy. #Cubs were 24-6. If they lose this, 27-24 since that time. Still not close to sweating.

I mean we are still 9 games up with a good number of dudes injured. I think we will be alright lol.
I know they are stuggling lately but you gotta put things in context.

Lot of season left. I don't expect the Cubs to lose the division, but the Cardinals were up a similar amount of games around this time last year (with more injuries, probably). Didn't clinch the division until the last week of the season.

Lot of season left. I don't expect the Cubs to lose the division, but the Cardinals were up a similar amount of games around this time last year (with more injuries, probably). Didn't clinch the division until the last week of the season.
Well yeah, because both the other teams were really good that finished behind them. Unless the Cardinals become more consistent or the Cubs get swept by the Reds this week I'm still not that concerned.

Choomp

Banned
I hope this boosts the Mets confidence. But the Marlins have a funny way of knocking down the Mets when they are on a high.

The Mets get three of the worst guys in their staff and skip Fernandez. As long as the bats stay hot we should be good

Damn. Wilmer again. Balls are carrying out like crazy today

harSon

Banned
What happened to the Cubs?

The Pirates will begin their post All-Star break onslaught once again when we bring up Glasnow and Bell :3

Top Bottom