• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Friggz

They started off too hot for their own good. You kinda need to pace yourself in baseball. It's a long ass season.

i mean, the starters have a 250 babip with about an 80% LOB%....nevermind the fip thats a run lower than ERA. those numbers arent really sustainable over the course of an entire season.

Mortemis

Banned
Dude is straight money.

Loved seeing Zuni light it up last night too.

Yep, Zuni needed a game like that coming back up. Still not sure if he's ready to be an everyday mlb player but I have faith he'll come around to be a good contributor as he develops more.

BFIB

This Cubs collapse is really incredible, wish the Cardinals would've taken advantage and won a few of those 1 run games
Yep. If we were going to gain ground, this was the time. No way the Cubs stay around .500 the rest of the year. I also expect them to make a big splash. Just not our year.

They started off too hot for their own good. You kinda need to pace yourself in baseball. It's a long ass season.

This makes no sense. With the lead they have now, they basically need to play about .500 ball the rest of the way to win the division. The Cubs aren't a .500 team, and Theo is going to improve the team before the deadline. Going 4-6 in the last 10 sucks, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter at all.

gamz

That's stupid. You ride the waves of the season. You don't intentionally try to start off cold. Every single team wants to start off hot.

This makes no sense. With the lead they have now, they basically need to play about .500 ball the rest of the way to win the division. The Cubs aren't a .500 team, and Theo is going to improve the team before the deadline. Going 4-6 in the last 10 sucks, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter at all.

It's not the 4-6 in the last 10 that should be worrisome, it's the 1-10 in the last 11 games versus teams that are above .500. Or the 5-13 since the middle of June against teams that aren't actively trying to lose baseball games. And 3 of those 5 are against the Pirates, who are below .500.

The Cubs will be fine and will most likely win the division, but they've played a lot of bad teams so far. Their schedule isn't going to become any easier. All I can hope for is that Theo gets pressured to trade prospects for short-term gain, tbh

BFIB

Baseball and sex both need the proper pace. Start off too hot and you'll blow your lead. Take too long to get going and you end up alone at the bottom.

RBH

How was your first night as Dr. RBH? :)

Can't be worse than board studying!! (which I finish on Tuesday *pumps fist in air)

Exhausting. Starting with ICU this month, and my first week is night shift with one of the toughest attendings in the hospital:

yioV1.gif

But it's still better than doing board studying tho

Congrats on finishing board studying soon! You're soon reaching the promised land, kinda like Ken Griffey did when they started making video games based off him

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
baseball on tv is much better when you can hear the organist play. Basically like a radio broadcast.

Top Bottom