• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Does the winner get a trophy for this game, or do they just have Bragging rights?
kOgUuUN.jpg

Yeesh, the Braves are bad... even play sloppy
having a second baseman play center field will do that.

Windu

He made a tinder account to find an extra ticket... holy lord.
I hope he gets in trouble.
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Fort Bragg officials are reminding would-be attendees of Sunday's MLB game between the Atlanta Braves and Miami Marlins that tickets to the historic contest are nontransferable and cannot be sold.

Eric Hill, the recreation division chief for Fort Bragg's Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation, tells the Fayetteville Observer (http://bit.ly/296bShU ) that giving the tickets away, whether or not money changes hands, could lead to some spectators being removed from the ballpark and "repercussions" for the service member who originally owned the tickets.

The MLB and the MLB Players Association are spending about $5 million to build a 12,500-capacity ballpark and bring an MLB game to an active military installation for the first time.

Hill says each ticket holder is required to sign documents pledging not to sell or give away the tickets.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...r-fort-bragg-game-cant-change-hands/86544096/

edit:
@zack_hample said:
FYI, I got my ticket through a friend whose entire unit got 'em. He was gonna bring his GF who doesn't like baseball so he took me instead.
https://twitter.com/zack_hample/status/749786230464716801

https://t.co/fX7EHsbOWF

suuuurreeee

Marlins_Man
‏@Marlins_Man
@zack_hample Zack, that game CLOSED to NON department of Defense Employees and their family. Give any balls u have to kids and leave. NOW.

You know ya fucked up when MM is on your shit

Windu

Marlins_Man
‏@Marlins_Man
@zack_hample Zack, that game CLOSED to NON department of Defense Employees and their family. Give any balls u have to kids and leave. NOW.

You know ya fucked up when MM is on your shit
I want to see them fight to the death.

Nice the Marlins didn't embarrass themselves on national television.

Also, I really hope the tomahawk chop dies next year. It really is one of the worst things in sports.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Unless he sneaked in either a military person sold or gave him a ticket so I can't really give a shit.

They weren't allowed to do that though. Ticket holders literally had to sign paperwork saying they wouldn't transfer or sell tickets. Somebody's going to get in trouble.

another Cuban dud for the dodgers

LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers on Sunday sent pitcher Yaisel Sierra outright to the minors, removing him from the 40-man roster to make room for Brandon McCarthy's return from the 60-day disabled list.

Sierra, now 25, was signed in February out of Cuba to a six-year, $30 million contract, which was the reason no other team claimed the right-handed pitcher on waivers. Sierra received $6 million as a signing bonus, and has roughly half of his $1 million 2016 salary remaining, so any team claiming him on waivers would have been responsible for roughly $23.5 million in remaining salary.

In 11 starts with Class-A Rancho Cucamonga, Sierra has a 7.16 ERA, with 48 strikeouts and 17 walks in 49 innings. Sierra has been a colossal bust to date. But, should Sierra turn things around one day, either as a starter or reliever, the Dodgers still get to keep him. Just off the 40-man roster, for now.

what will you give us for him barves???

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Adam McCalvy @AdamMcCalvy

After singling with two outs in the first inning, Braun called out. Brewers' lineup card apparently had Lucroy 3rd, Braun 4th.

Chelsea Janes ‏@chelsea_janes

Inning ends because the Brewers batted out of order. Braun singled, but it was supposed to be Lucroy. He is out. Braun up next.

Lol Brewers.

I feel like this is a good reason why baseball should not be played at 10am, especially after a flight

Damnit guys I'll have to listen to warriors talk on local radio again. Wish I could block that talk
Imagine having to listen to Warriors talk when you're from a town that not only has a team in first place in baseball, but also doesn't even have a basketball team.

It's maddening.

Top Bottom