• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Wish the Padres would go as all out with the brown and gold on their unis as they are with these Futures unis.

The Pads need to be in brown and gold every day.

I like the mix of old school gold and the blue they have been running with nowadays. I just wished they went with the old Gwynn era Padres script, as I enjoy that one more then the breezy California one they have now.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
iaRItSc.gif

Dude lamb is fucking amazing, especially when done right

Melts in your mouth

gyro...mmm

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I mostly get my donairs* with chicken, I gotta try them with lamb someday.

(*if you needed another way to tell I'm Canadian

Is it much different than a doner kebab? I had those when I was in the UK alot...although I have no idea what is really the different between a doner kebab and a gyro to be honest.

Sad my local place that sold gyro's closed down.

Is it much different than a doner kebab? I had those when I was in the UK alot...although I have no idea what is really the different between a doner kebab and a gyro to be honest.

Sad my local place that sold gyro's closed down.

I am under the assumption it's all the same thing with different names. Most Canadians call it donairs, Americans use gyros.

wbsmcs

Mid season MVP, ROY, Cy Young??

AL:
MVP: Donaldson, Machado,, Desmond, Ortiz, Trumbo (not a very good 2nd half track record), Altuve (Don't think Houston makes playoffs though)
CY: Salazar
ROY: Fulmer?

NL:
MVP: Kershaw or Bryant
CY: Kershaw
ROY: Aledmys Diaz (fielding might hurt his chances)

Poor Bumgarner is probably having the best pitching season that nobody will remember.

gamz

AL:
MVP: Donaldson, Machado, Ortiz, Trumbo (not a very good 2nd half track record), Altuve (Don't think Houston makes playoffs though)
CY: Salazar
ROY: Fulmer?

NL:
MVP: Kershaw or Bryant
CY: Kershaw
ROY: Aledmys Diaz (fielding might hurt his chances)

Poor Bumgarner is probably having the best pitching season that nobody will remember.

Corey Seager ROY

wbsmcs

Also, trout has to be in the running for MVP. Dudes on a 30/30 pace (320+ BA) on a shitty team.

He'll be in the running but there's probably very low percentage he wins. Last 10 years only 2 winners on non-playoff teams...Harper last year with a 1.1 OPS and Howard when he hit 58 homeruns. Him and Altuve will have amazing lines at the end of the year though, but 100/35-40/100/.300 from Donaldson/Machado on a playoff team would take it.

Choomp

Banned
Pretty fun first half. I have to say the most noteworthy thing for me is Dan Murphy, it's a shame he had to do this once he left the Mets but I'm happy for him. I always kind of appreciated how he was never a textbook looking baseball player, weird, kinda scrawny guy, odd mechanics, etc. I still have to hope his production dies down though second half for the Mets sake

BFIB

Whats your teams biggest plus? Biggest minus at the midseason point?

Cards:

Biggest Plus: Aledmys Diaz
Biggest minus: Everything else

wbsmcs

Let's not count out Rizzo for MVP.

If Kershaw goes 20 wins, with a sub 1.8 era and 0.75 whip with a 10-1 K/BB ratio you're not just looking at MVP...you're looking at 2nd, maybe best season all time by a SP (99 Pedro right now is close).

But going based off the numbers, if he misses 2-3 starts, doesn't get 20 wins, era climbs above 2, then one of those Cubs will probably take it.

Athletics:

Biggest Plus: Danny Valencia's .854 OPS. Ryan Dull's 0.72 WHIP in 40 games. Stomper winning a mascot contest at the mascot games yesterday.
Biggest minus: Sonny Gray with the 5.16 ERA, the rebuilt bullpen being not that much better than the old one (outside of Dull and Doolittle), Billy Burns regressing, Alonso being on the club, Billy Butler, I mean the list is long.

Let's not count out Rizzo for MVP.

But Kershaw, Bryant and Bumgarner all have higher WAR this year than Rizzo.

With Rizzo and Bryant splitting the MVP vote on the Cubs, gives a great shot for one of the starters to pull EDIT: AN MVP!

Stranger things have happened.

Kershaw won an MVP in 2014

lolshit.

Cards:

Agreed with Diaz, think the biggest minus has to be Rosenthal. Bet the Cardinals are at least 2-3 games better if Rosenthal has his stuff working

But Kershaw, Bryant and Bumgarner all have higher WAR this year than Rizzo.

With Rizzo and Bryant splitting the MVP vote on the Cubs, gives a great shot for one of the starters to pull the first pitcher MVP since the 80s.

Stranger things have happened.

Kershaw won an MVP in 2014

Beckx

Cards:

Bucs:

Biggest Plus: Bullpen, mid-year callups
Biggest Minus: Starting Pitching (SP woes edge out Cutch's poor year)

Fighters:

Biggest Plus: Kohei Arihara
Biggest Minus: Playing in the same league as the Hawks :(

Strange that there's only two AL representatives, I thought there would be a few more to balance out

And Yadi? What?

Yadi is the face of the franchise in a city that is obsessed with baseball (and I don't mean this in a BFIB kinda way - baseball is different in Saint Louis than a lot of other cities, mostly because STL doesn't have a whole lot else)

He'll be a top selling jersey until he retires, I'm sure.

Yadi is the face of the franchise in a city that is obsessed with baseball (and I don't mean this in a BFIB kinda way - baseball is different in Saint Louis than a lot of other cities, mostly because STL doesn't have a whole lot else)

He'll be a top selling jersey until he retires, I'm sure.

I realize that. Still, it seems weird considering there are other players that have spent time there as well. Granted, I'm fairly certain that if Pujols still was there he would be just as high if not higher.

Top Bottom