• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
4OOjrjB.gif

Kaladin

#ReverseStreakWatch

0 - 8

One more night against the Nationals and maybe a chance at redemption against a slightly worse team in the Marlins.

Beckx

@Pirates
The #Pirates have recalled Rob Scahill from AAA @indyindians & Corey Luebke has been placed on the 15 day DL with right hamstring tightness.

Scahill is active today.

It would be nice to see Cole pitch deep and not have to use the bullpen until Watson/Shark time today.

boxter432

there is a 2 game series between the two in July.

so you're telling me one of them will get a win this year?

I'm doubting Twins will have a win by the time I go to my first game on Ap 30th the way they are hitting. maybe Sano will randomly hit 4 hrs one game and we win 4-3

SpaceHorror

I picked the wrong season to try and make sure I watch more Braves games.

At least I don't have to worry about my superstitious belief that the Braves always lose whenever I make it up to Atlanta to a game. This year they will probably lose either way.

jbug617

Banned
Sounds like the Red Sox are looking into trading Panda.
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/720462347236732930

Facilitating an exit for Sandoval won’t be easy because of the more than $75 million remaining on his Red Sox contract and the team’s desire not to eat all of the money by cutting him. Sandoval’s trip to the 15-day disabled list Wednesday – a trip caused by a supposed left shoulder injury that took everyone, including the team, by surprise – buys the Red Sox enough time to explore all their options and determine whether any trade market exists before possibly jettisoning him.

The curiosity of the DL move grew as the day went on. Sandoval complained of mysterious left shoulder pain, and the Red Sox chose to immediately place him on the disabled list without having tried to diagnose the severity of the injury with an MRI, sources told Yahoo Sports. By the end of Wednesday, Sandoval still hadn’t visited an MRI machine, a standard procedure that precedes a DL trip in nearly every case but catastrophic injuries.

Perhaps both sides saw the DL trip as mutually beneficial. Sandoval, a two-time All-Star and World Series MVP who lost his starting job at third base during spring training, no longer had to watch manager John Farrell choose others ahead of him as pinch hitters or defensive replacements. The Red Sox, ostensibly using a 24-man roster, could free up a roster spot for someone Farrell actually might play.

As Shitty as the Barves are, they still have a chance at the division!!
They would have to pass the 2nd place Phillies to do that.

So my work has blocked the mlb video player from working. Every time I click on a video it says video unavailable. Does anyone have any ideas how I could get around this.

Malo

Banned
Allow me to explore their trade options for them.

None. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

In order to move Panda, they are going to eat the majority of that $75M. There's no other way.
Depends if they include a prospect or two and how good the prospect(s) is/are. Think of when the braves took on Arroyo and his contract. The diamondbacks gave up a good prospect in Touki Toussaint in order to get rid of Arroyo and his contract.

Top Bottom