• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

BFIB

Just now realizing that the Nats or Dodgers are gonna have to make it out of the first round. Is the universe gonna even allow that to happen?
Nats win, then Daniel continues the Murphy curse on the Cubs. Indians win it all and everyone rejoices.

While a 3-team tiebreaker would be hilarious, I don't see it happening. How would that even work? STL @ SF, then loser @ NY to see who faces the winner of the first game?

Depends on record, right? NYM and STL tied the season series, STL beat SF, NYM beat SF. I would guess the Mets get a spot and the winner of SF@STL would face them. But if STL wins, the location of the WC game would depend on intradivision record, I think, since NYM and STL tied for the season series.

I sort of hope this happens for maximum fuckery

edit: or maybe SF isn't even in because they lost both of the season series?

Double edit: per MLB, it would be NYM @ STL to determine first WC spot, then the loser vs SF for the second spot. Much less confusing than I thought :lol

Choomp

Banned
Depends on record, right? NYM and STL tied the season series, STL beat SF, NYM beat SF. I would guess the Mets get a spot and the winner of SF@STL would face them. But if STL wins, the location of the WC game would depend on intradivision record, I think, since NYM and STL tied for the season series.

I sort of hope this happens for maximum fuckery

edit: or maybe SF isn't even in because they lost both of the season series?

Double edit: per MLB, it would be NYM @ STL to determine first WC spot, then the loser vs SF for the second spot. Much less confusing than I thought :lol

Wow, no way the Mets make it out of that. I see the Cards getting in if the tie happens

Grow the sport baby. Have all teams play in international stadiums during spring training.

also WBC starts tomorrow in Brooklyn! im gonna post some info on that for anyone interested. alot of ex MLBers involved. especially on the Team Israel side.

Line_HTX

Grow the sport baby. Have all teams play in international stadiums during spring training.

also WBC starts tomorrow in Brooklyn! im gonna post some info on that for anyone interested. alot of ex MLBers involved. especially on the Team Israel side.

I thought World Baseball Classic isn't until 2017?

Top Bottom