• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So how did the thing with the Braves offense happen? Was Matt Kemp the spark?

Hard to say exactly, but Kemp's been good, Freddie's been on fire, Inciarte is riding a .400 babip in the 2nd half, Markakis started hitting for power, we called up Swanson, and Garcia was replaced by a more talented body double.

Malvingt2

Hard to say exactly, but Kemp's been good, Freddie's been on fire, Inciarte is riding a .400 babip in the 2nd half, Markakis started hitting for power, we called up Swanson, and Garcia was replaced by a more talented body double.
Should the braves keep this line up next year?

or trade Kemp? Markakis? Inciarte?

RBH

I actually wouldn't be opposed to keeping all three of them plus Mallex as the 4th OF.

More than likely though, one will be traded for a pitcher. Out of those 4, I'm guessing Markakis. I'll be furious if they trade Inciarte.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

I would definitely try to move Markakis. He's still a below average player and we could reallocate his salary to a McCann or a starting pitcher. Might as well keep Kemp around next year, but there's no way to know how he'll perform.

So I'd do

C McCann or somebody to split with Flowers
1b Freeman
2b Albies
3b Ruiz/Garcia platoon
SS Swanson
LF Kemp
CF Mallex
RF Inciarte

I'd be looking for Rio to take over 3b full-time because I still don't see much value in Garcia. But I also don't think they need to push to be competitive next year. If it takes until 2018 or 2019, that's fine. Just don't pull a Padres and mess everything up.

Top Bottom