• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

The Los Angeles Dodgers have the National League's best record yet won't have any starters in MLB's All-Star Game.

And Kenley Jansen is putting blame for that on the faithful in the stands.

"I'll say it loud and clear again: It's the Dodger fans' fault," the closer said.

Starters are voted by fans online, and though the Dodgers will have four players at the All-Star Game next week in Miami, none of those will be part of the starting lineup.

Jansen will be joined by Clayton Kershaw, Corey Seager and Cody Bellinger. Others such as Justin Turner and Alex Wood could be added to the roster as injury replacements.

Jansen is especially upset that Seager and Turner weren't picked as starters. He added that Seager should have beaten out Cubs shortstop Addison Russell for the starting spot last year, and that Turner -- who has never made an All-Star team -- should have been selected in 2015, 2016 and this year. Turner is one of five candidates in the online fan vote for the final NL spot this year.

"We should have voted for those two guys,'' Jansen said. "They deserved to be the starters.''
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...odgers-fans-not-voting-all-star-game-starters

Line_HTX

Dodgers having no starters in the ASG is the best.

iori_yagami_laugh_by_uzumakisonic619.gif

Yeah Kenley is mostly on the mark, but Time Warner, er, "SPECTRUM" or whatever bs isn't helping, been years since most people in LA could watch the Dodgers on TV.

Turner and Wood not being on the All-Star Team honestly kind of makes a mockery of the whole concept.

Meier

I still can't believe JT and Alex Wood didn't make it. That shit is nuts.

Wait. This guy Robbie Ray who I'll admit to having never heard of made it over Wood? 8-4 with a 3.06 ERA and 1.2 WHIP vs 9-0, 1.83, 0.91? If he was the only representative for the Diamondbacks I'd understand it, but they have Greinke too. That is indefensible.

Will that ever get resolved between the dodgers and spectrum or whatever the fight is about?
It's not the Dodgers and Spectrum, it's Spectrum and the rest of the cable providers. Spectrum paid a pretty penny for the rights to Dodgers broadcasts and tried to charge a premium for it to DirectTV etc., But they all just told TW/Spectrum to fuck off. So TW is just eating losses as the other guys have them over a barrel, and the great majority of LA can't watch Dodgers games for years now.

Caja 117

It's not the Dodgers and Spectrum, it's Spectrum and the rest of the cable providers. Spectrum paid a pretty penny for the rights to Dodgers broadcasts and tried to charge a premium for it to DirectTV etc., But they all just told TW/Spectrum to fuck off. So TW is just eating losses as the other guys have them over a barrel, and the great majority of LA can't watch Dodgers games for years now.

Wait...Are you telling me that if I live in LA there a high chance I wont get to see the Dodgers game on the local sports channel? what If Im paying for MLB at Bat, will I also get blackout?

Meier

Wao, this sounds like a especial place in Hell for a Dodgers fan.

Thankfully my Dodgers brother Rigoberto has shared an MLB TV login with me since he can't take advantage of the app. It is truly amazing that they've still not worked out the local TV situation for Dodgers fans.

shwimpy

Kenley's right though. I, nor any of my Dodgers fans voted...

I also think none of the Dodgers should've started over the current starters anyway. Maybe Seager but Cozart is having a really good year... and also, the donkey.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Code:
GCL Phillies Top of the 10th
Braulio Vasquez remains in the game as the first baseman.
[B]Ben Pelletier starts inning at 2nd base.[/B]
Kipp Moore bunt grounds out, pitcher Troy Conyers to first baseman Braulio Vasquez. Ben Pelletier to 3rd.
Danny Mayer doubles (2) on a line drive to right fielder Adam Groesbeck. Ben Pelletier scores.
With Brayan Gonzalez batting, wild pitch by Troy Conyers, Danny Mayer to 3rd.
Brayan Gonzalez strikes out swinging.
Edwin Rodriguez flies out to right fielder Adam Groesbeck.

GCL Braves Bottom of the 10th
[B]Luis Ovando starts inning at 2nd base.[/B]
Adam Groesbeck walks.
Yunior Severino doubles (2) on a line drive to center fielder Simon Muzziotti. Luis Ovando scores. Adam Groesbeck scores.

Ugh, I forgot this was a thing now

Wait...Are you telling me that if I live in LA there a high chance I wont get to see the Dodgers game on the local sports channel? what If Im paying for MLB at Bat, will I also get blackout?

Since I moved, been able to watch Dodger games for the first time in years. Of course I move the year after Vin retires.

I'll ALWAYS be bitter on TWC/Spectrum for pulling this crap in Vin's final seasons. Listened to the radio mostly for the last few years. Like we're living in the 70s or something. Only get to watch the home team on very special occasions.

Yeah Kenley is mostly on the mark, but Time Warner, er, "SPECTRUM" or whatever bs isn't helping, been years since most people in LA could watch the Dodgers on TV.

Turner and Wood not being on the All-Star Team honestly kind of makes a mockery of the whole concept.

Houston went through the same thing a few years back. All of the Astros and Rockets games were broadcast exclusively on CSN, and almost no network provider had that network. The network eventually folded but it took a couple of years. Fortunately, both teams, the Astros especially were pretty bad during that period so we didn't miss much.

I also remember a story about how one of those Astros broadcasts received a 0.0 Nielsen rating. Literally no one watched the game lol

Code:
GCL Phillies Top of the 10th
Braulio Vasquez remains in the game as the first baseman.
[B]Ben Pelletier starts inning at 2nd base.[/B]
Kipp Moore bunt grounds out, pitcher Troy Conyers to first baseman Braulio Vasquez. Ben Pelletier to 3rd.
Danny Mayer doubles (2) on a line drive to right fielder Adam Groesbeck. Ben Pelletier scores.
With Brayan Gonzalez batting, wild pitch by Troy Conyers, Danny Mayer to 3rd.
Brayan Gonzalez strikes out swinging.
Edwin Rodriguez flies out to right fielder Adam Groesbeck.

GCL Braves Bottom of the 10th
[B]Luis Ovando starts inning at 2nd base.[/B]
Adam Groesbeck walks.
Yunior Severino doubles (2) on a line drive to center fielder Simon Muzziotti. Luis Ovando scores. Adam Groesbeck scores.

Ugh, I forgot this was a thing now

Every away team is going to walk the next guy in a tie-game in extra innings. Why not just go ahead and put a runner on first too?

Since I moved, been able to watch Dodger games for the first time in years. Of course I move the year after Vin retires.

I'll ALWAYS be bitter on TWC/Spectrum for pulling this crap in Vin's final seasons. Listened to the radio mostly for the last few years. Like we're living in the 70s or something. Only get to watch the home team on very special occasions.

I hear you man. I moved up to Portland, got MLB.TV and now I can watch all the Dodger games I want. I ended up just putting on Vin on the radio most of the time though.

Houston went through the same thing a few years back. All of the Astros and Rockets games were broadcast exclusively on CSN, and almost no network provider had that network. The network eventually folded but it took a couple of years. Fortunately, both teams, the Astros especially were pretty bad during that period so we didn't miss much.

I also remember a story about how one of those Astros broadcasts received a 0.0 Nielsen rating. Literally no one watched the game lol

Fucking lol
Unfortunately TWC is too big to fold :(

No, that just means no one with Neilsen tracking watched the game. There very well could have been...someone that saw it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Anthony DiComo @AnthonyDiComo

This game will come down to MLB's 26th- and 30th-ranked bullpens:

Mets: 4.87 ERA, 13 blown saves
Nationals: 5.12 ERA, 13 blown saves

Lol fucking hell.

Anthony DiComo @AnthonyDiComo

This game will come down to MLB's 26th- and 30th-ranked bullpens:

Mets: 4.87 ERA, 13 blown saves
Nationals: 5.12 ERA, 13 blown saves

Lol fucking hell.

Lets see who sucks the least.

Edit: I miss Tuff, Sherlock is fucking terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom