• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebop242

Armageddon.

followed by a book about how after the white sox won the world series it was the end of chicago. After months of riots there was nothing left. just ashes of the city of chicago.
with millions dead the city was deemed to be uninhabitable with the majority of cubs fans who survived moving to new york to root for the yankees.

This legit would happen if the Cubs hadn't won last year.

Mortemis

Banned
Yanks, Sox, Mets... It's gonna be rough, even more so if Safeco looks like it does during the Jays series for the Yanks and Sox :(

Yep. I hope we either win or lose 8 outta ten. I hate being stuck in this "not really in the wildcard hunt but maybe if luck comes around" place.

Astros got sabotaged by the fake Russell water. We'll get you next time, Mort!

Hey, if anything we need Russell's miracle water more, too bad he's greedy with it. :(

Why you keep bullying Mort? It's Chris you need to bully! :p

Imma fight back one of these days. Just need to practice my wwe moves.

Line_HTX

To be fair though, I think they are 2.5 back somewhere in that range of the WC and it's not like anyone has separated themselves from the pack thus far. Who knows, Seattle might actually make it.

Imma fight back one of these days. Just need to practice my wwe moves.

I'll wait for your payback on the 29th of October.

aPBqeCd.png

Saganator

Had a company thing today and went to the Rockies game. First time I've witnessed a blow out, was a blast! Unfortunately I had to leave right before Nolan hit his 3rd homer. As a former pitcher I kinda started to feel bad for the Padres pitchers.

Rockies won 18-4 btw, and Arenado went 5-5, 3 HRs and 7 RBI. Oh and Gray looked really good despite giving up 4 in the 6th.

Chuck

Still without luck
I wish the Orioles could have had the balls to do what the Sox did with Sandoval. Yeah it's a waste, but losing games is worse.

I wish the Orioles could have had the balls to do what the Sox did with Sandoval. Yeah it's a waste, but losing games is worse.

The team needs a purge so badly. Blow it up for prospects and start over. Britton goes, O' Day goes, Gausman goes, Machado goes and Jones goes. I wish Davis would too but who wants that piece of poo at the plate? Those names alone could build a good farm system.

rekameohs

Banned
If this is seriously happening, this would be some of the deadest I've felt inside after a player injury

Edit: no broken bones, thank Christ

gamz

Love Theo's answer when people voice concern over the Cubs farm system:

When people talk about our farm system, that’s great,” Epstein said. “I love our player development staff, I love our scouting operation, I know our commitment to young players, but the best part of our farm system right now is at the lower levels, where the talent is emerging, and at the big leagues, where they’re all wearing rings.”

RBH

636105239439629879-Dansby-Swanson-Braves-clubhouse.jpg

Dansby Swanson was out of the Atlanta Braves' starting lineup again Monday and manager Brian Snitker says the club has not ruled out the possibility of sending the rookie shortstop back to the minor leagues, reports David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Swanson, the first overall pick in the 2015 draft, is hitting just .220 with a .297 OBP and is battling a 5-for-40 slump. Johan Camargo started at shortstop Monday against the Cubs, his fourth start there in nine games.

Swanson's problems follow an impressive 2016 debut in which he posted a .302/.361/.442 slash line in 38 games following an August call-up.

Snitker did not say a demotion of Swanson was imminent, only that his lineup will be dictated by matchups.

”For right now, I think he's OK," Snitker told O'Brien. ”If you go down, it's not the end of the world. Some guys fight through it here."

The Braves activated Sean Rodriguez and Danny Salazar from the disabled list Monday, increasing the competition for playing time in a crowded infield.
http://www.espn.com/blog/mlb/rumors...entral-dansby-swanson-in-danger-of-a-demotion

I'd honestly be ok with him getting regular playing time in AAA. Would be a much better use of his time instead of making him sit on the bench right now for the MLB team.

Tall4Life

Love Theo's answer when people voice concern over the Cubs farm system:

When people talk about our farm system, that’s great,” Epstein said. “I love our player development staff, I love our scouting operation, I know our commitment to young players, but the best part of our farm system right now is at the lower levels, where the talent is emerging, and at the big leagues, where they’re all wearing rings.”
That's one of the most politician answers I've ever heard

he's ready

Just read the Sandoval news (didn't even realize he got let go by the Red Sox until just now). Wish he would have stayed away from the Giants. Their sense of loyalty is more often a liability than anything else these days.

Dude burned his bridges and has no self-control. Stupid move on the Giants' part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom