• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

painey

so I just noticed the Angels have the New Era logo on their caps.. is this a new thing? before, the authentic on-field hats didn't have logos

Mortemis

Banned
I know the math may be against the mariners and that they're on track for an 0-162 season, but I really believe that they can win one game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Giants win.

q2KNplq.gif

BlsOLoX.gif

Marvie_3

Banned

Beckx

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18922889/uni-watch-chronicles-mlb-addition-company-logos

It's just getting worse and worse. Can't wait for it to be like NPB so we can watch the Houston Minute Maids play against the Seattle Safecos in a couple years.

Well it would be more like (back when they owned them) the Nintendo Mariners, but they'll never do that. Putting the name of the owner into the team name doesn't bring in advertising revenue & unlike NPB, MLB teams fleece their cities for stadium dollars & I don't think they want to risk that by de-emphasizing the city name.

Hopin for some clarification...

I'm looking to purchase mlb.tv for cheap from a T Mobile user (they got a year of Premium for free yesterday). My question is, would the team that's blacked out be based on MY zip code, or the zip code of the T Mobile user I'm buying from? If the former then I guess there is absolutely no reason for me to buy it.

I'm looking to purchase mlb.tv for cheap from a T Mobile user (they got a year of Premium for free yesterday). My question is, would the team that's blacked out be based on MY zip code, or the zip code of the T Mobile user I'm buying from? If the former then I guess there is absolutely no reason for me to buy it.

On mobile it's your gps location, on computer i imagine they use geolocation from your ip address

styl3s

I don't know about consoles/set top boxes/phones (i assume it's network/IP based like PC) but on PC you can get around blackouts via VPN because that's how i watch Braves stuff.

I thought MLB.tv was getting rid of blackout stuff this season?

Beckx

my experience is that it's IP/geolocation based. My team isn't blacked out locally, but whenever I tried to watch from work they couldn't determine my location and blacked out the game.

On mobile it's your gps location, on computer i imagine they use geolocation from your ip address

I don't know about consoles/set top boxes/phones (i assume it's network/IP based like PC) but on PC you can get around blackouts via VPN because that's how i watch Braves stuff.

I thought MLB.tv was getting rid of blackout stuff this season?

my experience is that it's IP/geolocation based. My team isn't blacked out locally, but whenever I tried to watch from work they couldn't determine my location and blacked out the game.
Really appreciate it everyone!

Any reason why this is the only sport OT not in the Community forum?

Maybe. But thanks for checking in.

I bought a cheap new era hat and tested to see how it would look with the logo pulled out. Worked pretty well. Came out really well like the ones in the article. Gonna take that logo off every hat going forward.

Good to know... I was wondering how I was going to get new lids now that the dumb new era ad is on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom