• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

Another good article on shifts in the aftermath of Monday's 5th Inning in Boston

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-embattled-shift/

Also, I can't believe Otani was spelled incorrectly so many times in this thread.

until he comes over and it changes, I'll use the spelling that's on his jersey & official club memorabilia.

C0x7QKsXAAAm3rj.jpg

also i've never read that article. :p

clav

until he comes over and it changes, I'll use the spelling that's on his jersey. also i've never read that article. :p

Just realized Fangraphs articles links to that FOX sports piece. That's probably the one trending.

Don't know about the jersey?

Dear Mr. Demeanor,

There are two options for you...

e7DR4ee.jpg

O7Mfd5I.jpg

<3

I was just following Beckx's example, thinking maybe the Japanese translation into English is different or something? I dunno.
I chose the second one just because it brings more shame to myself after watching my team go scoreless against Clayton fucking Richard. Of all people.

Shame.

Beckx

I was just following Beckx's example, thinking maybe the Japanese translation into English is different or something? I dunno.

there are a bunch of ways to romanize japanese, the current tendency in language textbooks (though romaji is all but gone from respectable Japanese language textbooks) for a doubled "O" sound would be Ootani; you may also see the bar mark over a single "o" to indicate the same thing (I see that on place names on maps a lot). The current tendency in NPB is to use "Oh" (Ohno, Ohtani). You get different words in Japanese from what to us are just long vowels - "ookii" is "big" while "oki" is "sea" or an "ember"

US baseball media has adopted "Otani." Only he knows what he'll do when he comes over, though the latter version wouldn't surprise me.

I chose the second one just because it brings more shame to myself after watching my team go scoreless against Clayton fucking Richard. Of all people.

Shame.

How can you feel shame looking at such adorable mascots?!?

Looking at them EVERY TIME you post...

Every time you post......

Every time you post.....

Every time you post...

san-diego-padres-swinging-friar-mlb-mascot-2015.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
Maybe. But thanks for checking in.

Good to know... I was wondering how I was going to get new lids now that the dumb new era ad is on the side.
You can still see where the logo is if youre looking for it but it will most likely blend in better as the hat gets worn in.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
While most of the pro shop is completely redone and new stuff everywhere, I appreciate the posters and art I grew up with and beyond are still up.
Teams don't give out pennets like they used to at games. I had a few braves and rangers ones back in the day. Never did complete the full circle.

Sanjuro

Taking a good walk around Fenway this year. They really gentrified the hell out of this area. Looks like the Lofts at SoDoSoPa.

Sanjuro

Teams don't give out pennets like they used to at games. I had a few braves and rangers ones back in the day. Never did complete the full circle.

We get a bobblehead today though!

I might go to tomorrow's game too. Supposed to rain, but tickets are cheap as fuck.

Drinking some quality Budweiser to start my day.

The Padres have more World Series appearances in the past 25 years than the Doyers.

So do the DBacks and Rockies for that matter.

Funny that!

It hurts so much. My dad is an Arizona fan and he brings this up every time. Also that Arizona did it against the most hated team in baseball in game 7 so it is even better. Life is hard but at least we go to post season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom