• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
On Tuesday, Atlanta Braves legend and future Baseball Hall of Famer Chipper Jones released his autobiography, Ballplayer. While I haven't started reading cover to cover quite yet, I did skim the book upon receiving it yesterday and came across a pretty interesting story about long-time Braves manager Bobby Cox.
According to Jones, Cox nearly quit his job as manager during Spring Training in 2008 because he couldn't stand former Braves GM Frank Wren.

Here's an excerpt from the book.

”I just wanted you guys to hear this fro me before you hear it from anybody else," he said. ”I quit yesterday."

Everybody's jaws dropped.

”Yep," he added. ”I drove halfway to Georgia, and Schuerholz called me and talked me back down. I can't work with Frank Wren. Can't do it."

Jones goes on to explain just why Cox and Wren didn't get along.

Frank was a micromanager. He wanted to put his two cents in about pitching, hitting, defense, baserunning, everything, instead of letting the coaches do their jobs. He was the opposite of Schuerholz, who hired personnel, made some suggestions, and let the men in uniform do the coaching.
http://thecomeback.com/mlb/chipper-jones-bobby-cox-quit-frank-wren.html

micromanagers are the worst.

Maxim726X

Did the MLB figure out VPNs or something?

I just got ExpressVPN solely to watch blackout games on my iPad or computer... And no matter what I do, it still sees that I'm in NY. Anyone else have similar problems?

I didn't know we were in OT now. Anyways, for Mon & Tues:
qiSUAbR.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Did the MLB figure out VPNs or something?

I just got ExpressVPN solely to watch blackout games on my iPad or computer... And no matter what I do, it still sees that I'm in NY. Anyone else have similar problems?
haven't tried messing with blackouts this year but i doubt they got around it. if the app uses your ip to determine your location then vpn should work just fine. On iPads you will probably need to fake your location via gps as well.

Maxim726X

haven't tried messing with blackouts this year but i doubt they got around it. if the app uses your ip to determine your location then vpn should work just fine. On iPads you will probably need to fake your location via gps as well.

Hm that makes sense.

Any apps that you know of to fake my gps location?

ReAxion

I used to jailbreak my phone to use a GPS spoofer for this exact case, since it was against the App Store terms to provide that functionality. That was many years ago, tho. No idea what the scene is like now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom